Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2006, 05:26 PM

Default Re: Trick or treaters bitch thread

[ QUOTE ]
When I was a kid of trick-or-treating age, I lived in an older community, with a lot of older people. I got really [censored] candy as a result.

Halloween is a big deal to me, so the wife and I get kickass candy and hand it out. We had about 25-30 T-O-Ters this year.

I hate people that give out [censored] candy. Don't do it. It's halloween people!

It's always fun when the little bitty ones come by, had a couple of kids that couldn't have been more than 3 years old come up to the door. Very Cute. They get extra candy.

[/ QUOTE ]

WORD! We buy full sized candy bars for the little ones. The teenagers get the mini-Snickers.

OP, I'd much rather have them come by at 5:00 than at 9:00.
Old 11-01-2006, 05:34 PM

I live in a large apartment building (~250 apartments) which has a list you put your name on if you want trick or treaters. I don't put my name on the list because

1) They T-O-T at 4pm, and I won't be home. I don't want them to be angry with me.

2) The families with small children on my floor have their kids play loudly in the hall right outside my door - especially when I'm trying to do work. [censored] them and their demon offspring.

3) I'm probably a bad person.

As for kids that show up without costumes, that's what stale crappy candy is for. This was unheard of when I was a kid and should not be rewarded.

==arbitrary
Old 11-01-2006, 05:44 PM

I actually have very little to bitch about. Tons of kids came by. All were well-behaved.

Only semi-interesting story is that 2 little girls + 1 little boy came up to the door (parents stayed on the street). 1 little girl was maybe 4-5, the other 2 kids were really little, 2ish maybe. Both girls were dressed like princesses and the little boy had a lion costume on.

The older little girl says trick or treat, I give her the standard 2 pieces. she says thank you but keeps standing there.

I look at the first little 2ish year old girl and say "what would you like, sweety?" (and my wife was standing behind so no lame jokes, plz) since she was a little shy and I could tell was afraid to come and get her candy.

I kneeled down and held the candy bowl out and asked her to pick out what she wanted and not be scared. Well, while I'm trying to get the little girl to take her candy, the 4-5 year old girl reaches her hand in 4 times to take more candy!! WTF already? You're only 4, bitch! Plenty of time for you to be a fat princess later!!!

Anyway, I had to move the bowl away from her to protect my stash. I wasn't pissed or annoyed, more amused than anything.