Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2006, 06:49 AM

Default Re: Ban video

both parties are slime balls! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 10-10-2006, 09:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
another video

Found the link to this at Wicked Chops Poker

[/ QUOTE ]

When I clicked the above link I was warned by Snoop Free Privacy Shield that a program was attempting to install a new keyboard hook... this is not something I normally see when a new Firefox window is opened....

[/ QUOTE ]

It's just a link to a Youtube video. Anyone have an idea what would cause this?
Old 10-10-2006, 01:51 PM

How come every election yr, republicans talk about banning gay marriage and then they never do anything to enforce it. They gain hugh relegious right votes from the lower CLASS. Then the Rep party comes to power, takes no stance on banning gay marriage and phucks lower class people with the benifits they derive to the richer class. souds like the old bait and switch.
Old 10-15-2006, 04:54 AM

This is so wrong it's ludicrous. Dems held both houses for the vast majority of the 4-5 decades prior to the early 90's. You could only make this statement if you simply had no interest in doing minimal fact checking.

Everything is the same as it's always been - it's the way bills are passed, unfortunately.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A standard tactic used by Republicans that's NOT used by Democrats is to sneak legislation into bills that are not related to the bill. They typically do this in bills that they know are of importance to the American people. This way if Democrats vote against the bill for not being clean, they can sound off in the media that democrats don't care about X issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh bull. The Democrats do it too. If they didn't, it would be even more effective for them to sound off in the media about Republicans abusing riders.

[/ QUOTE ]

I watch politics very closely because I have to. I can name not ONE piece of legislation that Democrats have tacked onto an unrelated bill in the past 15 years (I am only 32 years old). If you know of one please post it. My father and grandfather were instrumental in forming the largest union in the world today, and the only thing I know that democrats rode onto other bills before my time were related to workers rights and humanity related issues. Issues which Republicans have cared little about.

Further this tactics, when used by the Republican party, has been used to either help destroy this planet vie de-regulation, screw the average worker, legislate morality, or provide corporate tax loopholes for their friends. The Republican party does not add some rider bill that somehow benefits the planet or mankind. While the only time that I've heard the Democratic party do this (and again this was some time ago) it was trying to create some sense of fairness in the work place or among the races.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but not by saying BS.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-15-2006, 04:57 AM

Uhhhhh, it's not about banning gay marriages - they don't exist legally. But they have considered a constitutional ammedment to prevent courts from creating them, but that's a very tough path to follow. It would take many, many years.

[ QUOTE ]
How come every election yr, republicans talk about banning gay marriage and then they never do anything to enforce it. They gain hugh relegious right votes from the lower CLASS. Then the Rep party comes to power, takes no stance on banning gay marriage and phucks lower class people with the benifits they derive to the richer class. souds like the old bait and switch.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-15-2006, 11:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This is the biggest load of crap I ever read.
The Dems are just as sneaky if not worse.
If they had there way the 2nd ammendment would be removed from the constitution.
At least with the republicans in power if they go to far I can shoot them.
Which I might do right about now. lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. Feinswine, Chucky Schumer, and Ted(my car has killed more people than most citizen's guns) Kennedy keep trying to attach their stupid "assault weapons" ban onto every other bill that comes up for a vote.

Molon Labe