Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2006, 01:13 PM

Default Re: holocaust funny september 11 not?

[ QUOTE ]
eff it, i don't care either way really, i'm just mad at the inconsistency. especially when an order of magnitude of 3 more people were killed in the holocaust.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can never understand why people think the total number killed is relevant when it comes to making jokes. What is the maximum number for which making jokes is allowed?

"What's the deal with 9/11?"

"Dude, that's not cool, thousands of people died."

"Oh, my bad. What's the deal with Jon Benet?"

"Ahhahahahahaha ROFL LOLOLOLOLOLOL"
Old 09-12-2006, 01:17 PM

Knowing that Magneato could have stopped the holocaust makes it that much funnier.

Batman had no chance on 9/11.
Old 09-12-2006, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so this lesbian jew who died in the holocaust walks into a bar in hell...

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP, now with 20% more racism!
Old 09-12-2006, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thedude,

I dont know if you know, not every middle eastern muslim is pro Al Qaeda, which is what the original poster said,"middle eastern muslim" there was no implication other than that you and he are obviously both racist.

To answer your question, I laugh at what is funny to me. I don't only laugh when the person telling a joke has some kind of racial/ethnic/religious "membership badge" that gives them an OK to make a particular joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

i intentionally left it vague and up to you to determine. for me, it wouldnt matter if the person was middle-eastern/muslim or not.

during the time of 9-11, i was emailing w/ a girl from panama. she sent me a photo shopped picture of bin laden butt fing george bush. the message i got from it was "america really got screwed on 9-11. haha." i sent her an email explaining how the country was in mourning and how devestated i was.

i stopped emailing her because of that. for someone outside of our country to make a joke about 9-11 was too much for me. it impacted me in the same way as watching people on the news celebrate in the streets upon hearing the news of the attacks.
Old 09-12-2006, 02:39 PM

I am quite sensitive to the events, but I found this gif amusing. Some of you might not.

Twin towers
Old 09-12-2006, 02:43 PM

i doubt that 10% of canadians (or americans) know what a false-dichotomy is............b
Old 09-12-2006, 03:09 PM

For those of you who didn't see the thread, I locked it. Nowhere did I say that joke A is okay but not joke X. However, starting a thread devoted to 9/11 jokes on 9/11 is a bit much, even for me. Truthfully I'm not nearly as uptight as it might seem sometimes, but my own tolerance for different types of humor isn't what I base my decisions on. I do what I think is best for 2+2 and this site.

If there are threads on 2+2 devoted to making fun of the holocaust, I really haven't seen them. Please notify me of any threads that seem to fit that description.
Old 09-13-2006, 03:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

exactly...anyone making jokes about either of these events obv has low intelligence and makes it easier for me to decide not to associate with him/her.

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you mind citing your source? As I was unaware that there was a study correlating these two, and let's remember that correlation does not equal causation.

[/ QUOTE ]

what you bolded is an example of correlation, not causation. but yes, good use there. [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

No [censored] Sherlock.

He is correlating low intelligence with finding these jokes funny. I was then adding that even if he had some actual stats/information besides his idiotic opinion, low intelligence does not necessarily cause an individual to like these jokes and vice versa.

The phrase correlation does not equal causation is often used to remind that just because two things may seem correlated that you must be wary about drawing any further conclusions. But thanks for attemtping to correct something that did not need correction.
Old 09-13-2006, 04:05 AM

Life often sucks. Learn how to laugh.