Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2006, 05:45 PM

Default Re: Things poker has made you so mad you SMASHED

When I feel that surge of rage building up, I take it out by repeatedly punching my bed and cussing out loud if my wife is gone (still have some sense to not actually destroy something or hurt myself). This goes on for awhile until my rage is replaced by exhaustion. With me it can be like that Seinfeld eposide "serenity now, serenity now" which of course is followed by insanity later. I surpress it for awhile. If the bad beats stop it goes away, but if they keep coming, I just keep pretending like its all good until a donk 2 outs me for a big pot and BOOM. My threshold to explode has gone up this last year though. As for those who claim they never tilt, thats BS. Their breaking point just takes longer to reach. Even Chip Reese would lose it if he had a bad enough downswing.
Old 09-12-2006, 06:19 PM

i watched as my 7s 8s was folded preflop due to a cap, and the flop proceeded to come down 8d 8h 8c and AA KK and QQ were all in the hand. 2/4 i think pot was about 70$ Big hole in the drywall of my room
Old 09-13-2006, 12:50 AM

I squeeze a stress star i got from some medical place, thats it though. Sometimes I yell i guess.
Old 09-13-2006, 04:50 PM

I think I slammed my fist down on my desk one time when I was the victim of some major suckout. My recollection of it is not perfect, but the desk has a full size piece of thick glass over the wood and one day when I moved the large desktop calander pad I have on it I discovered a crack about 5" long in the glass. I think it probably got there from that time. I'll bet that piece of glass would cost about $300 to replace--the desk is about 5' x 3'. I can live with it for now though. The crack hasn't gotten any worse and I don't usually don't even see it under the calander pad.
Old 09-13-2006, 11:15 PM

i have broken 2 keyboards, 2 mouses, busted a laptop screen which i will not replace, not to great a laptop anyway, punched a whole in the wall (punched to hard), broken some poker chips when i threw them at the wall when i lost online
Old 09-13-2006, 11:32 PM

i threw my laptop accross the room, thus breaking it.