Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2005, 12:22 AM

Default Re: Genital warts and Compound W Freeze Off

You're alive!
Old 08-12-2005, 01:31 PM

Update:

It's been about four and a half days since I applied the Freeze Off, and all of the warts are still there so far. The skin that I applied the Freeze Off to is red and looks like it will scab over. Note that the applicator is bigger in diameter than any of the warts are, so it also froze some of the surrounding skin.

You're supposed to allow up to two weeks or so after treatment for the warts to go away. I was hoping they'd be gone by now, as I've heard of people having their warts frozen and then having them fall off in a day or two, but I'll just have to wait and see.
Old 08-12-2005, 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Update:

It's been about four and a half days since I applied the Freeze Off, and all of the warts are still there so far. The skin that I applied the Freeze Off to is red and looks like it will scab over. Note that the applicator is bigger in diameter than any of the warts are, so it also froze some of the surrounding skin.

You're supposed to allow up to two weeks or so after treatment for the warts to go away. I was hoping they'd be gone by now, as I've heard of people having their warts frozen and then having them fall off in a day or two, but I'll just have to wait and see.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry to ask this dude because I really do feel for you but you really didn't think this was going to work did you?
Old 08-12-2005, 01:34 PM

Thanks for the update, Dex. May the wind always be at your back, and the warts fall off your penis.
Old 08-12-2005, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Update:

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry to ask this dude because I really do feel for you but you really didn't think this was going to work did you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I thought it might. It may still work.

Freezing is a commonly used treatment option, and I have heard of people using Compound W Freeze Off successfully as an alternative to having a doctor do it.
Old 08-12-2005, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the update, Dex. May the wind always be at your back, and the warts fall off your penis.

[/ QUOTE ]

I admit, I laughed.
Old 08-12-2005, 02:11 PM

Dex,

I really hope this works out for. I am truly concerned and I am pulling for you. But don't get your hopes up too high on this one bro, that's all I'm saying
Old 08-14-2005, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I admit, I laughed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-14-2005, 07:47 PM

Update:

It's been about a week now, and I basically have a bunch of scabs with a wart in the middle of each one. Some of the scabs look like they are starting to come loose at the edges, but I don't want to just pick them off. I'm hopeful that when the scabs eventually do come off, the warts will come with them.
Old 08-16-2005, 02:16 AM

Update:

It's been 8 days now since I applied the Compound W Freeze Off.

All the scabs came off today, and the warts came off with them!

I'm happy, but before I get too excited, here's the current situation. The skin where the scabs were is kind of shiny and red and still somewhat irritated. It's entirely possible that those areas will scar; I really hope not, but I'll just have to wait and see. The warts are gone, but in some of the places where the scabs were, there is a dot exactly where the wart was that is more discolored (darker) than the surrounding skin. Not raised, just discolored. Hopefully this is just a side effect of the area healing and not a piece of the wart staying around, but I don't know for sure. I'll have to wait and see what happens over the next few weeks. If any areas still look like they might be warts after the irritated skin has had some time to calm down, I'll either refreeze them or have a doctor refreeze them (if I can find any doctors that I can trust and that know what they're doing).

Whew.

Not entirely sure what to think yet.

Thank you all for listening to this ongoing saga. It helps to be able to talk about it.