Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2007, 11:12 PM

Default Re: Best 10-25 NL Player at Borgata?

I have also seen rocco challenge someone to a fight for making a dumb joke.
Old 02-04-2007, 11:14 PM

Is it just me or do all the live players seem like huge fish? And why is this theardin HSNL?
Old 02-04-2007, 11:46 PM

im going to borg this month and plan on playing this game...gl me vs rocco
Old 02-05-2007, 04:03 AM

i'll keep this thread going cause i'm also going to the borg later this month, and i plan on playing this game.

Last time i played, i think I played someone with a goatee at 5/10 who I remember not being terrible (it was the highest game going at the time, but i was obv too much of a nit and pussy to play higher anyway). He seemed very bored with the lower stakes and was very bluff-happy; he was probably the most aggro player at the table. I called a river bet against him with 3rd pair and it was good against his air. He also complained a lot about the capped buyin at 5/10 because it took away his ability to "make plays." When they started up a 10/25 game he bolted for it. Was this Troy?

edit: also, most other people at 5/10 were nits and/or complete clowns. I hope it's the same way at 10/25.
Old 02-05-2007, 04:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i'll keep this thread going cause i'm also going to the borg later this month, and i plan on playing this game.

Last time i played, i think I played someone with a goatee at 5/10 who I remember not being terrible (it was the highest game going at the time, but i was obv too much of a nit and pussy to play higher anyway). He seemed very bored with the lower stakes and was very bluff-happy; he was probably the most aggro player at the table. I called a river bet against him with 3rd pair and it was good against his air. He also complained a lot about the capped buyin at 5/10 because it took away his ability to "make plays." When they started up a 10/25 game he bolted for it. Was this Troy?

edit: also, most other people at 5/10 were nits and/or complete clowns. I hope it's the same way at 10/25.

[/ QUOTE ]

You'll have to give more of a description than just saying he has a goatee.

Lenny has a goatee. He has dark hair, is medium height and is pretty heavily muscled. He usually seems to wear a baseball cap.

I don't know which one of the regulars is Troy.

The majority of regulars play a very tight and straight forward game. Most of them also have furious tempers, which is bizarre considering anyone who plays for a living should be pretty used to bad beats. It seems to be normal for them to freak out over small pots, or even because they have not been dealt a playable hand in a couple orbits. I'm talking about most of them, not all of them.

The guy you are talking about is probably Lenny. He is very good, and is not one of the emo tilters.

Another guy you really want to watch out for is Fish, because he is definitely pulling in 6 figures [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

(Fish is a gopher for the high stakes room and yes he rakes in the cash)
Old 02-05-2007, 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
elmo plays at the trop on the weekends and borgata during the weekdays....hes normally sits at the 1500nl tables not 25/50...and from what ive experienced with him he is a[censored] baby and whines like it is his job. why is it that most "grinders" who must play all the time and understand that bad beats always happen, tend to bitch the most..i can only go up to AC on the weekends and stopped playin at the trop for awhile cause i was sick of listening to elmo cry all day

[/ QUOTE ]
elmo wins? wow
Old 02-05-2007, 09:07 PM

Lenny AND Troy are not "crybabies"(maybe they were bored at $5-10 with no other games available),as they make enough $$$ in the $10-25,$25-50,$100-200,+++ to kill an army of players.............Pro's,....internet "12 tabling" junkies.........whatever....

Go get em',,,,,,,,,and GOOD LUCK over the LONG run.(LOL)

~sf
Old 02-05-2007, 10:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it just me or do all the live players seem like huge fish? And why is this theardin HSNL?

[/ QUOTE ]

after staying there for the whole wpt i would agree. i played with everyone of those guys and thought all were brutal in their own way.

i did think lenny could play a bit though.
Old 02-06-2007, 01:31 AM

you've got to be kidding me. Lehigh Mike? Rocco? Wayne?
Old 02-06-2007, 01:34 AM

i almost died when i read troy....mike is the best, bar none, by far.

also, when he is in the game, stevesbets crushes 10/25