Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2006, 06:45 PM

Default Re: The Most Underestimated Movie?

Probably not the MOST underestimated movie, but I really enjoyed Bullet w/ Mickey Rourke and 2Pac.
Old 07-30-2006, 08:19 PM

Fresh is an awesome movie. The Talented Mr. Ripley is probably one of my top 5 favorite films, and it doesn't seem to get too much recognition, or not enough IMO. I can't say I really got into the plot of 6 String Samurai, but the imagery was pretty cool.
Old 07-30-2006, 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I'd also like to add Frailty as perhaps not so much underestimated, but underseen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh wow db, Frailty. What a good flick. I got this in the bargain bin for my ex-bf one day while I was out. We watched it and he fell in love w/ it. It's now one of his favorites. I def. think it's a good one that lots of people have never seen.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really, really liked Frailty. Until the last five minutes or so, when every theme it had built up for the entire movie got dumped in favor of silly, superstitious claptrap. I've been scratching my head ever since, wondering why everyone else seems to think it's so great.

OP: Some I'd call underestimated/underrated/underseen would include Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang; Bubba Ho-Tep (with Bubba Nosferatu in the Making, yes!); Ghost Dog: The Way of the Samurai; And Erik the Viking is finally on DVD in North America, thank the gods.
Old 07-30-2006, 11:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Stir of Echoes is an extremely underrated film. It's some of Kevin Bacon's finest work in my opinion. I love this movie, everything about it, from the concept, the dialogue, the acting, the whole execution of the project was fantastic.

[/ QUOTE ]

this movie is very good..it just hurt that it came right after the 6th sense.
Old 07-31-2006, 05:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Speaking of 3 O'Clock High, here is another 80's movie that I remember being funny 20 years ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you ment to say....
Classic
Old 07-31-2006, 06:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't say I really got into the plot of 6 String Samurai, but the imagery was pretty cool.

[/ QUOTE ]
6SS wasn't really a "plot" sorta movie. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I agree that the colors and visuals were all great, though. I really enjoyed it.
-Sam
Old 07-31-2006, 08:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I'd also like to add Frailty as perhaps not so much underestimated, but underseen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh wow db, Frailty. What a good flick. I got this in the bargain bin for my ex-bf one day while I was out. We watched it and he fell in love w/ it. It's now one of his favorites. I def. think it's a good one that lots of people have never seen.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really, really liked Frailty. Until the last five minutes or so, when every theme it had built up for the entire movie got dumped in favor of silly, superstitious claptrap. I've been scratching my head ever since, wondering why everyone else seems to think it's so great.

OP: Some I'd call underestimated/underrated/underseen would include Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang; Bubba Ho-Tep (with Bubba Nosferatu in the Making, yes!); Ghost Dog: The Way of the Samurai; And Erik the Viking is finally on DVD in North America, thank the gods.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow gurgeh, what great movies. I wouldnt call Bubba Ho-tep underestimated, it is what it is. But I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Bruce Campbell and this movie is pretty funny. Also, I just saw Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and I remember wanting to see it in the theater. Now that I've seen it and LOVE it, none of my friends even know what I'm talking about. So I will have to second that movie as well.
Old 07-31-2006, 11:25 AM

Tremors
Old 07-31-2006, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tremors

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone knows that Tremors was awesome.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Tremors

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone knows that Tremors was awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

I always hear it referred to as Kevin Bacon's worst movie. But cool, I retract.