Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2006, 05:03 AM

Default Re: New Software Announcement - SIXTH SENSE

is there a way to put averages of say PFR and VPIP on the table list ?
Old 07-15-2006, 08:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You are right. THe Location was wrong.

But I still can't make it work. The Test Connection works,
but I can't Refresh. It still looks like the screenshot.

What am I missing here?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think just try restarting SixthSense. You should be able to refresh then.
Old 07-15-2006, 08:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am having problems with my configuring my databases.

I am using Access, and I have 3 databases, which PokerTracker refers to (by DSN) as ptrack.mdb, ptrack4.mdb, and ptrack8.mdb .

SixthSense offers me the following options for connecting databases: PTRACK, PTRACK2, PTRACK3, PTRACK4, PTRACK5, and a whole host of other names which are nothing like these. I have tried connecting various databases, various combinations, and even all of them together (using the multiple database option), and it still only shows a few hands on a few players (perhaps this is because it is linking an old database rather than a relevant one?).

Any suggestions?

P.S. sorry for my layman ablities. =[

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's another way to try it. Use windows explorer to open up to your PokerTracker folder, and find all of your .MDB files (these are your database files). The biggest ones will have the most data.

Next use SixthSense to connect to those databases. But instead of using ODBC, you want to use the Access driver. On the "Provider" tab, select "Microsoft Jet 4.0 OLE DB Provider". Then on the Connection Tab, use the "..." button to locate the .MDB database file you found before. Use Test Connection to make sure it works. That way you can find all of the correct databases.
Old 07-15-2006, 08:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
is there a way to put averages of say PFR and VPIP on the table list ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that's a feature we'll put on our to-do list. I imagine we'd make that an option.
Old 07-15-2006, 11:48 AM

Default Re: 7/14 - UPGRADES

[ QUOTE ]
SixthSense -- looks very cool. Could you give a quick FAQ on how to create custom scoring rules? Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey there cts - your wish is my command [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Custom Scoring

Enjoy

-Dan
Old 07-15-2006, 12:05 PM

Once again, I'm very interested in the program but the need to transfer data to the server is preventing me from trying this software out.

From the limited research I've done the program:

1. Server scans poker clients
2. Server pulls data from my local PT database.
3. Server scores tables.

Why cant an option be to:

2. Local machine downloads table list compiled by server (manually or automatically)
3. Local machine scores tables using PT db.

At least with this method I am assured that NO INFORMATION is transfered from my computer to your server. It also allows the option to never need to connect to the server with a manual download option.

The majority of your potential customer base is going to have enough computer resources to run this application without any problems. I could care less about this. On the other hand, none of us can scan all the poker clients, etc. Leave that to the server and let us do our own thing...

Best regards,

APerfect10
Old 07-15-2006, 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Once again, I'm very interested in the program but the need to transfer data to the server is preventing me from trying this software out.

From the limited research I've done the program:

2. Server pulls data from my local PT database.
3. Server scores tables.

Why cant an option be to:

2. Local machine downloads table list compiled by server (manually or automatically)
3. Local machine scores tables using PT db.

At least with this method I am assured that NO INFORMATION is transfered from my computer to your server. It also allows the option to never need to connect to the server with a manual download option.

The majority of your potential customer base is going to have enough computer resources to run this application without any problems. I could care less about this. On the other hand, none of us can scan all the poker clients, etc. Leave that to the server and let us do our own thing...

Best regards,

APerfect10

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry, i wish i'd made it more clear. When working on a project like this for an extended period time, it's a little hard to break everything down to a new user level.

But the good news is - Sixth sense does exactly what you said you wanted it to do.

"1. Server scans poker clients
3. Local machine scores tables using PT db."

These are the exact functions of Sixth Sense [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Give it a shot, I bet you'll like it

-Dan
Old 07-15-2006, 12:35 PM

Well thats good to hear. Now my only problem is that your definition of manually and want I would like is different. I would want a file I could download manaully via your website (not via a refresh button) so that I do not have to allow SixthSense to access the internet. I can access the internet myself [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Understand my concern?

It shouldnt take much more work to implement this...
Old 07-15-2006, 12:39 PM

SixthSense -- the new version is very cool, very quick, and very useful. The buddy list and custom scoring make the program much more useable. Thanks for the custom scoring tutorial.
Old 07-15-2006, 12:52 PM

It actually would be more complicated than you think.

This is Ben's cup-o-tea, but I'll explain it best I can.

The list you're downloading isn't just a giant txt file. It WAS a giant txt file, but the server chops it up and separates each table. (which i believe are all separate files) The server does this...oh...about every 30 seconds, and that's just for PartyPoker.

It would technically be possible to get the raw txt and do all of that server work on the client, but then our bandwidth would get sucked up about 10x the speed it used to, more CPU load on the client end, we'd have to worry about offering tech support for this function, etc etc.

Unfortunately, a 100% client side version is not high on our priority list. I hope some day we're reputable enough to put your mind at ease...or that someone comes in and verifies that nothing wrong is going on in our software.

I completely understand your concern, I just wish I had some way to prove that we arent up to no-good [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

If you do work up the nerve to give it a try, come on back with any questions/critiques you may have.

Thanks,
-Dan