Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 04:10 AM

Default Re: Chess Poll

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Whether you play chess or not, feel free to vote. I am a boshielocki duhferbuger and am orange (my pillkay rating is about 6x20EE2 SATA II 3GB/s, so I am obviously really substantially differentiated). He plays the baroque hyungdaddy and the hooflucksre. I will either buy a jungle gym for my dogs or move the house doodzilal velimirovic or communist manifesto read top gun. I am generally admitted to a public college but play both the italian currencies were saved by the euro and the bungmaster extensively as green, so I am comfortable with my sexuality and my cats. Help me bang some chicks from MySpace

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I got out of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh man.

i got a good laugh out of this [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

nh sir. i was almost in tears on the floor after reading this.
Old 05-08-2006, 04:20 AM

Old 05-08-2006, 04:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Whether you play chess or not, feel free to vote. I am a boshielocki duhferbuger and am orange (my pillkay rating is about 6x20EE2 SATA II 3GB/s, so I am obviously really substantially differentiated). He plays the baroque hyungdaddy and the hooflucksre. I will either buy a jungle gym for my dogs or move the house doodzilal velimirovic or communist manifesto read top gun. I am generally admitted to a public college but play both the italian currencies were saved by the euro and the bungmaster extensively as green, so I am comfortable with my sexuality and my cats. Help me bang some chicks from MySpace

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I got out of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh man.

i got a good laugh out of this [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

nh sir. i was almost in tears on the floor after reading this.

[/ QUOTE ]

shoe-in for POTW
Old 05-08-2006, 04:54 AM

10.Kd2 is just an ugly move, no human would want to run their king into the center unnecessarily.

After 10.Kf2 Ng4+ 11.Kg1 Nc2 12.Ra4 Ngxe3 13. Bxe3 Nxe3 14.Qd2 Nxf1 15.Kxf1 dxc4 16.Rxc4 White will be able to play Kf2 very soon to get his other rook out. Black has three pawns for the piece, but white should be able to hold up and attack the black a, b and c pawns with his major pieces and extra knight.
Old 05-08-2006, 05:05 AM

I did consider it but thought I could hold better in the game as played. I missed both him b7-b5 and the Bf5-e4-b7 maneuver, both of which gained him mega time to get rolling.
Old 05-08-2006, 05:49 AM

hijack.. ches is fun, whoever wants to play on ICC challenge me sometime, name is ValueBetter, but I suck
Old 05-08-2006, 07:34 AM

B4....why press the queenside pawns when you're clearly lacking development? What was your plan with pushing b4? I'd just develop there and try to castle...

I haven't played on icc for the longest time i may start again. I mess around on USCL or Chess Live whatever they call it now. PM me for my handle if anyone wants to play a few games.
Old 05-08-2006, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Most of the counterplay for black in Chigorin's revolves around a quick e5. I thought of this move a while ago when I was playing it for black and decided to give it a try.

[/ QUOTE ]

I found a few games that reached this position by different move orders. It's similar to a Stonewall, except the pawn has already gone to c4. Your opponent's Bf5 was a good idea (others have played e6 and Nf6), as your light squares (especially e4 and c2) are already pretty weak. You can counter this with Bd3 at some point, but trading these bishops will generally favor Black. You will still be weak on the light squares and your remaining bishop is pretty bad with all those pawns on dark squares. You probably know all this (I am just elaborating for the general OOT audience), which is why you may have been avoiding Bd3. But I think you have to make this concession anyway, since the alternative is getting penetrated with ...Nb4. In fact, he could have played it as early as move 5 with good effect.
Old 05-08-2006, 03:05 PM

I like the horsey because he moves in an L.
Old 05-08-2006, 03:15 PM

You clearly need to use the Spassky bishop block.
Closed Thread