Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2007, 12:16 PM

Default Re: Weird spot with friend and possible jailtime

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i'm not sure if i'd even help a close friend out here. i mean what kind of close friend of mine is stealing 6k from a CVS? none.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you wouldn't lend a close friend 6k to avoid 6-12 months of jail time then you are a [censored] friend

[/ QUOTE ]

doesn't it depend what he did? sorry, i assure this won't happen by not being close friends with people who would steal $6000 from a store they work at.

[/ QUOTE ]

stealing 6k from a CVS like store does not make someone a scumbag. Of course it depends on what he did, in this situation we know what he did, and in this context not lending a friend 6k to avoid up to a year in prison, coupled with a felony charge that will completely [censored] him in the future makes you a pretty crappy friend in my book.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

stealing 6k from a CVS like store does not make someone a scumbag.

[/ QUOTE ]

do you even think before you begin typing?
Old 11-08-2007, 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i'm not sure if i'd even help a close friend out here. i mean what kind of close friend of mine is stealing 6k from a CVS? none.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you wouldn't lend a close friend 6k to avoid 6-12 months of jail time then you are a [censored] friend

[/ QUOTE ]

doesn't it depend what he did? sorry, i assure this won't happen by not being close friends with people who would steal $6000 from a store they work at.

[/ QUOTE ]

stealing 6k from a CVS like store does not make someone a scumbag. Of course it depends on what he did, in this situation we know what he did, and in this context not lending a friend 6k to avoid up to a year in prison, coupled with a felony charge that will completely [censored] him in the future makes you a pretty crappy friend in my book.

[/ QUOTE ]

bwahahaha ok dude, i guess i'll continue to be friends with all the normal people out there and avoid the idiots such as yourself who think stealing six thousand dollars from a convenience store where you work is no big deal.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:21 PM

Hard one.

I'd like to think I'd do this for a close friend, but then I wouldn't, because I wouldn't be close friends with somebody stupid enough to do something like this.

If you want my vote, don't give him the money. People need to make their own mistakes. You however, are a better judge of what he means to you as a friend than anybody else.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We have different definitions of scumbag.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:22 PM

exactly dids i mean, i'd like to think that i'd do anything i can for close friends... but then i imagine a scenario where a close friend comes to me and says, "yo, i need 6k to replace 6k that i stole from my job at CVS", and i think i just might say "gl w/ that bud"
Old 11-08-2007, 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you messed up no doubt about that, but it's far from the type of event that would make me say "man that guy is just a useless hunk of flesh". It's more likely to elicit a "man that guy's some type of stupid" response. It's a crime of opportunity, which may seem victimless to the perpetrator ("I'm sure this huge company can aford losing six thousand dollars"). Sure someone who did this would be much more likely to be a piece of human trash, but that alone doesn't make them one, and it sounds like this is an isolated event.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, if this thread were entitled. "Guy robs my house of 6k worth of electronics" there wouldn't be any sympathy for the d'bag as we'd see it from the persons perspective who got hosed.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you messed up no doubt about that, but it's far from the type of event that would make me say "man that guy is just a useless hunk of flesh". It's more likely to elicit a "man that guy's some type of stupid" response. It's a crime of opportunity, which may seem victimless to the perpetrator ("I'm sure this huge company can aford losing six thousand dollars"). Sure someone who did this would be much more likely to be a piece of human trash, but that alone doesn't make them one, and it sounds like this is an isolated event.

[/ QUOTE ]

You could have just said "no"
Old 11-08-2007, 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We have different definitions of scumbag.

[/ QUOTE ]

I sincerely doubt you guys who are all on me for saying stealing 6k isn't THAT bad haven't met some real, tried-and-true scumbags. Guy who got put in Juvie for beating up his mom, and is now serving time for holding up 7-11s? Yea, he's a scumbag. Guy who's been in-and-out of prison for aggravated assault, yet continues to prey on younger kids in the neighborhood? yea, scumbag. One of my friends who happened to take about 1k from his place of work some years back? That was an isolated event and he's definitely not a scum bag. You guys must live some very sheltered lives