Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 04:52 PM

Default Re: August Cheese(LC)

Question for you guys, with amusing backstory:

Live 7.50/15 game from a few months ago.

It folds around to the button who open limps. SB raises, and the BB folds. The button calls. Apparently, though, the SB thought the button folded because the SB then proceeded to turn his AA face up. Well the button already called, so the flop gets dealt.

The flop is 622. The SB now bets with his aces face up. and the button calls.

The turn is a 3. The SB bets and now the button raises! What do you do if you're the SB?

1) call, he's bluffin cuz he knows that I know etc
2) fold he knows what I got so I'm def beat now
Old 08-13-2007, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

where do you play? i need to avoid that site.

[/ QUOTE ]
Stars at non-peak-hours...

[/ QUOTE ]

I play that game, but usually during peak hours. Even then, the games pretty much suck. With all the tags that infest that game, I wouldn't be surprised if 1/2 of the players are 2+2ers, but not many hands from stars 3/6 get posted here.

--Rico
Old 08-13-2007, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I play that game, but usually during peak hours. Even then, the games pretty much suck. With all the tags that infest that game, I wouldn't be surprised if 1/2 of the players are 2+2ers, but not many hands from stars 3/6 get posted here.

[/ QUOTE ]
All the hands I post are usually from there. You seem familiar, I don't know why. Either the name or the avatar, but your name is not in my database.
Old 08-13-2007, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Actually, in my more inspired moods, I sometimes jump on these tables for about 3 laps, and play maniac. Try it sometime, you can usually steal enough so that you make a profit, and it watching the table dynamic change while everyone gets out of their comfort zone is a lot of fun.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hehe, yes, I sometimes do that too. Actually it can indeed be quite profitable, until they start isolating 3-betting you then c/c-ing, in which case it's time to leave... but it's not really worth the effort.
Old 08-13-2007, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
All the hands I post are usually from there. You seem familiar, I don't know why. Either the name or the avatar, but your name is not in my database.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play under a different name. And, I really haven't posted with any regularity since before you registered. Perhaps you used to lurk way back when....

--Rico
Old 08-13-2007, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I play under a different name. And, I really haven't posted with any regularity since before you registered. Perhaps you used to lurk way back when....

[/ QUOTE ]
Could be. I still feel like I know you from something. Maybe indeed just from reading here. First I thought you were that regular stars guy from puerto vallarta, but I don't know why lol.
Old 08-14-2007, 03:51 PM

I just realized there is a Frond and Fnord on this board, with nearly identical post counts.

No wonder I was confused.

That is all.
Old 08-14-2007, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Live 7.50/15 game from a few months ago.

It folds around to the button who open limps. SB raises, and the BB folds. The button calls. Apparently, though, the SB thought the button folded because the SB then proceeded to turn his AA face up. Well the button already called, so the flop gets dealt.

The flop is 622. The SB now bets with his aces face up. and the button calls.

The turn is a 3. The SB bets and now the button raises! What do you do if you're the SB?

1) call, he's bluffin cuz he knows that I know etc
2) fold he knows what I got so I'm def beat now

[/ QUOTE ]

What a mess, I just pay him off, and say nice hand, when he turns over his deuce.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:18 AM

I just saw the Frond and Fnord thing also. Pretty funny.

I had a wacky history teacher way way back in the 8th grade that used to swear that "Everybody has a double, but the rule is that may never meet them"

So I have been taking a few shots at 8/16 live and hangin okay [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] so what limit do yuse cats begin to notice any difference in the skill level cause I just haven't yet. Maybe more agg than 3/6 or 4/8 but play-wise not much difference.
Old 08-17-2007, 04:36 AM

Ten twenty limit Hold 'em.

I walk in the door, post my natural big blind, two and a half hours later I am up just under $1,800.

I'd be jealous too.
Closed Thread