Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Flop Plan?
Check. 10 20.41%
Lead. 39 79.59%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-05-2007, 01:47 AM

Default Re: ***Official 2007 Atlanta Falcons Thread***

The big game is going to be at StL obviously. I don't see any other winnable games on the schedule.

-SF will still beat StL and could beat Cinci at home.
-StL and Miami are hopeless
-Jets and Miami still play each other once, and Jets seem like the kind of team who will stupidly win
-Cinci still has StL, Miami and SF so no worries there
-Raiders are keeping almost every game close but have a rough schedule the last 4 games. Hopefully they beat Chicago, Minn, KC or Denver.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I really don't believe in drafting a QB (especially with this year's crop) with a top 10 pick because unless it is a can't miss Manning like prospect it is really a crap shoot.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no such thing as a can't miss QB prospect. The only reason you mentioned Manning is because he didn't miss.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:50 AM

At the beginning of the season I really thought that Brohm was the guy we needed (can't miss QB). We have so many holes, however, that surefire college guys could fill like tackle, RB, and DT, and with doubts rising about Brohm's offensive system, receivers, etc., I am not sure i would want him top 5. Guys such as Ryan and Woodsen have risen ahead of him in many peoples' eyes and none of them strike me as an elite level QB. I think we could get D Dixon or C McCoy in the second round and I would be just as happy with one of them.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I really don't believe in drafting a QB (especially with this year's crop) with a top 10 pick because unless it is a can't miss Manning like prospect it is really a crap shoot.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no such thing as a can't miss QB prospect. The only reason you mentioned Manning is because he didn't miss.

[/ QUOTE ]

The closest thing there has been in the last ten years was Manning, though. Then again there have been several guys like Leaf, Couch, A Smith, etc. that have been taken top 5 and didn't work out that I really would not risk one with this draft.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:03 AM

Rd. 1 - Jake Long
Rd. 2 - Tashard Choice (non-threatening injuries will drop the best sr back in the class out of rd 1)

Couple these two with Blalock and Norwood and enjoy a two-headed rushing attack for the next decade.

Draft a QB next year or sign McNabb when he gets teh boot for Kolb.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Rd. 1 - Jake Long
Rd. 2 - Tashard Choice (non-threatening injuries will drop the best sr back in the class out of rd 1)

Couple these two with Blalock and Norwood and enjoy a two-headed rushing attack for the next decade.

Draft a QB next year or sign McNabb when he gets teh boot for Kolb.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was actually thinking the same thing about McNabb. With the money we are paying Harrington, Redman, and now Leftwich, though, I am not sure we will go this route with the amount of other holes we have to fill.

That would be a good draft scenario though, as Choice is a bit more of the power back type and he will certainly be around in the second rd because of a lack of breakaway speed. Couple that with our other second rd pick from the Texans as McCoy or preferably Dixon and I will jump through the roof on draft day.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:19 AM

Do you really think McCoy is coming out? That would surprise me.

Also, if Falcons draft Dixon he can play for Falcons and Braves Deion-style since he's in the farm system.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you really think McCoy is coming out? That would surprise me.

Also, if Falcons draft Dixon he can play for Falcons and Braves Deion-style since he's in the farm system.

[/ QUOTE ]

From every mock draft I have seen McCoy is coming into this upcoming draft. And yes, it would be rather humorous for Dixon to pull a Deion, although as the Falcons starting QB it could create some issues.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:34 AM

Oh, never mind, I meant Colt Brennan, not Colt McCoy. Sorry, I got my Colts mixed up. I don't want the scrub from Texas anywhere near the Falcons.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:46 AM

Colt Brennan will not be a good QB in the pros. Such a product of a system. How have the two arkansans been for yall so far this year i havent really been following: Chris Houston and Jamaal Anderson. I know its supposed to be really hard transititiong into a de role as a rookie