Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2007, 04:31 PM

Default Re: $37 into $28,000 in 2 days at ftp

yeah, and t.v. and the media are reliable sources of info too, right?

dont believe everything t.v. tells u. if jamie is a dirtbag, then leyser is one too. birds of a feather flock together.

jamie is a nice guy. he never makes claims of being the best. he doesnt have to be a role model or a spokesman for poker. his buisness is none of our concern. and if he happens to be a dirtbag, then it doesnt mean he's a liar about "everything".
Old 09-04-2007, 04:45 PM

why on earth wouldnt u cash out at least $1K for every $10K youre up (or so)....waste of time if u ask me.
Old 09-04-2007, 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

jamie is a nice guy. he never makes claims of being the best. he doesnt have to be a role model or a spokesman for poker. his buisness is none of our concern.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is news, views and gossip. His business is *precisely* our concern here. But perhaps you mistook NVG for alt.jamie-gold.fanboi?
Old 09-04-2007, 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

jamie is a nice guy. he never makes claims of being the best. he doesnt have to be a role model or a spokesman for poker. his buisness is none of our concern.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is news, views and gossip. His business is *precisely* our concern here. But perhaps you mistook NVG for alt.jamie-gold.fanboi?

[/ QUOTE ]

well, that is my view then. his buissness is not my concern. its not like he owes me any money. i dont trust ANYONE when it comes to money. u want to make it yur buisness, then go ahead. i dont respect people who look into other's backyard. his dealings with leyser is unproven he said she said drama. nobody except jamie gold knows what his true intentions were. so any speculation based on media tripe is not very wise. you can live your life like that, i won't.

sure, i'm a fan of jamie gold. so what? he did a great job of winning the wsop. i respect his effort. he is trying to master "the hard game". he is trying to out play everyone. he's not a straight forward nit.......like myself. when jamie gets his game going, he's very tough. he made fools out of a lot of people last year. he did a great job. he doesnt owe the poker world anything. i dont see why anyone who wins the wsop should all of a sudden be a rolemodel or a spokesman for poker. he got in and played his ass off and doesnt owe anyone anything.......other than whatever buisness dealings he made which, like i said before, is no one's buisness except his own.

at least jamie isnt a filthy beggar like joe hachem. joe gets his money in with the best and then starts to beg the dealer not to give him a bad beat. joe cant even be a man and look at the cards. he's got to walk away. what kind of "champ" is that? he's already won enough......got no worries......no need to "sweat" the cards anymore.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yes, my imaginary friend. his screen name is mr. snuffleupagus......... buttmunch.

exactly, 37 into 0 but its a pretty sick run. i told him its got to be a record. i told him to post it on 2=2 but he's got too much self respect. i'm on life tilt so i posted for him.

[/ QUOTE ]

[x] i
[x] 2=2
[x] 37 divided by 0
Old 09-05-2007, 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

jamie is a nice guy. he never makes claims of being the best.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's described himself as the kobe bryant of poker. Now I don't know if Kobe is the "best" basketball player or not, but surely he's in the top five or so. Or at least he's clearly a world class player.

So at the very least Jamie's called himself world class and one of the top handful of poker players in the world, if not literally the "best."

Now, to be absolutely fair, if I recall the quote correctly, he actually placed those words in somebody else's mouth, I believe he claims Bodog said that about him, but I'm pretty comfortable thinking its actually coming directly from Jamie about himself and if not, he certainly didn't hesitate to repeat it.

--Zetack
Old 09-05-2007, 04:06 PM

well, i never heard jamie say that. if anything, i have heard jamie say, in his own words, "i know i'm not a great player". ive heard him say that more than once.

lol, EVERYONE knows he's not a great player. he's only great when the cards cooperate.......but who isnt when that happens. still, he won last year and i tip my hat off to him. he got it done......regardless if he caught everyone in a cooler situation or drew out.

cant argue with a winner.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yes, my imaginary friend. his screen name is mr. snuffleupagus......... buttmunch.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually have a real friend who wanted to change his name to "snufflapagus," on Party. Except, he thought it was, "Snufflafagus," with an "f". He entered the change, and then found that although it was accepted, that many letters wouldn't fit, so from that point on he was "Snufflafag."
Old 09-05-2007, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know someone who did $600 into $106K in a weekend and lost it all back on a sunday, not quite as good but impressive in absolute $ amounts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Riverdave?
Old 09-05-2007, 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well, i never heard jamie say that. if anything, i have heard jamie say, in his own words, "i know i'm not a great player". ive heard him say that more than once.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe this is the interview in which he said it. Takes a few minutes to load on my computer so be patient.

Gold compares himself to Kobe Bryant - As added bonus, contradicts his later court filings versus Crispin

You are right that in the face of withering criticism his interviews and pronouncements after a few months became much more humble.