Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2006, 08:11 AM

Default Re: WARNING

[ QUOTE ]
For some reason, I feel sure you know what I meant to say.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does anyone else see the hysterical irony between this statement and what happened in the chat?
Old 12-21-2006, 08:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure.
Old 12-21-2006, 08:26 AM

did 2/3 of the people in this thread not read the chat? both guys clearly said they wanted to chop - I don't get why everyone thinks he's lying

to OP I hope you get your $ back (if you indeed got 3rd)
Old 12-21-2006, 08:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

no need to be a douche - it was obviously clear what he meant
Old 12-21-2006, 10:15 AM

I don't think you can blame Stars much. It is your responsibility I would think to monitor the table in case someone trys this. Obviously, willy decided to screw you over.

Couldn't you have resized the window and keep an eye on it while you emailed. Also, why did two people need to email? Seems weird that the other player emailed as well and also didn't watch the table. I appreciate the post.
Old 12-21-2006, 10:27 AM

Default Re: Warning

You are right, I was the one to blame, as far as watching the table,it never dawned on me after the first couple of hands that anyonw would do this. I never blamed stars. Someone said a verbal agreement would be sufficient for stars to review and make it right. I didnt expect it but was hoping. The only thing that perterbs me is stars acted as if it dod not read the part where he said "sure".Again, I am not blaming Stars, I have the utmost respect for them, my purpose was to keep someone else from getting slickwi11ied.
Old 12-21-2006, 10:30 AM

You should email Stars again and point out where he said "sure" in the chat. I'm thinking they didn't see it.

And for all of those saying s**t about chopping I have been offered a chop several times in the 200's (usually heads up though).
Old 12-21-2006, 10:33 AM

I have emailed them asking them to reread, we will se, I am not holding my breath. Its not the $240 as much as it is the fact the guy screwed me and got away with it.Thanks for suggestion though.
Old 12-21-2006, 11:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am at work or I would never be posting this many replies.

[/ QUOTE ]

The irony is TEXASGUY is upset about losing a couple hundred dollars but is probably going to get fired for unauthorized use of the internet.

It's also amusing that he is so "computer illiterate" he couldn't post the chat log at first but is playing $200 online SNG's and found his way here. Something doesn't pass the smell test.
Old 12-21-2006, 01:36 PM

- Computer literate has nothing to do with being able to play $200 SNG's and there is no smell-test that isn't being passed.
News-flash: Some less than genius people play the $200 SNG's.
I could grind my way up to the $200 SNG's conceiveably...but that doesn't mean I know the first thing about how to use Excel (which I don't).

- I don't think the comments about chopping in an SNG has anything to do with post-count. anybody with 10k+ awesome strategy posts could have posted this and the replies still would be, "Why are you chopping in an SNG?"

- None of that really matters. It's his right to chop in an SNG and the other players agreed and that's the issue here.
If the guy really did sit-out for 8 hands or so after typing 'sure' then I really don't think he should get to sneak back in and steal the blinds.
Stars needs to consider that this guy didn't just do this after thinking over the decision and then deciding he didn't want to. There was no further discussion. He said 'sure'.
He then perhaps even intentionally waited a few hands before starting up again hoping he wouldn't be noticed.

If Stars hasn't responded to TexGuy right-away about this it could be that somebody from support saw this thread and decided to look into it a bit more.