Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-12-2007, 05:19 PM

Default Wii - Big Three Look to EXCEED Expectations

Metroid: Comes out August 28th. Sites pretty much agree that it's the best control ever for a console FPS...

destructoid:
"Sorry. I’m getting a little overboard with my title, but to be honest, I’m having a hard time trying to retain a professional demeanor after playing Metroid Prime Corruption – it’s just that good.

The controls for Corruption are so responsive, so correct, and so intuitive, that I’ve finally been convinced that the Wii is the new home for first person adventures. I know that those are some bold words (and that games like Red Steel have left a pretty bad taste in player’s mouths), but if you play Corruption for just ten minutes, you’ll become a believer too.

I don’t know what those folks at Retro studious did, but strafing, and run ‘n’ gun tactics have never felt so good or so natural before. Without even thinking about it, you become immersed in the game; running, jumping and rolling through levels like you were born to it. Oh, and the camera? Perfect.

Seriously, Corruption is so wonderful to play, that I just may not want to go back to the ol’ dual-sticks again."

Super Mario Galaxy:
Destructoid:

"I will get this out of the way right now. I may have had more fun with those two levels than I have had with any other video game in the last year. Yes, I know, that is a pretty hardcore statement, but it really is true. There is so much creativity in each section of Super Mario Galaxy that it almost puts all other games to shame."

"Having only played two of the four available levels (I am playing the rest later today or tomorrow – I will have to refrain from saying this all again), which, in turn, is only a tiny chunk of the entire game, I have to say that Super Mario Galaxy is as close to perfect as games get and a huge testament to what the Wii can do.

I know it is still very early in the week (and I have a lot more games to play), but Super Mario Galaxy is already at the top of my list for Game of the Show. And if the short time I had playing it is any indication, maybe even Game of the Year."

he even compared the graphics of SMG to a 360 game...now i wouldn't go that far; it's not in HD, but still good that both SMG and Metroid are getting good marks for their graphics...about time we see >GC graphics on the system

You can go to wii.ign.com to see similiar reviews...SMG is IGN's Game of E3...it comes out November 12th!

Super Smash Bros: Comes out December 3rd...looks great based on video and will have 4 control schemes and full online support