FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Lion vs. Elephant
Lion 38 19.19%
Elephant 160 80.81%
Voters: 198. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-02-2007, 05:04 PM

Default Re: OOT expose your prejudice

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone who thinks less of someone who served in the military is a [censored] moron seriously

I would love the people who voted like this to defend themselves

[/ QUOTE ]

It all depends on context which is why this poll doesn't really prove anything. I don't know about you but I have a number of experiences with current or ex-military individuals that would cause me to look down on them.

Things such as video tapes of soldiers taunting and harassing innocent civilians. A friend of mine is in the army and showed me a myspace page of somebody in his unit. The page contains a videotape of a civilian being shot. Many of the comments on the page from other people in his unit in regards to the video were "good", "we should kill all the muslims", "we should just drop a bomb and nuke the entire country", etc.

If this was my only experience with current soldiers then it would be pretty hard for me to not look down on them. Luckily this isn't the case for a couple of my friends in the military. They are doing it for financial reasons along with an actual desire to help people.

cliffs notes: Context in which subject was brought up matters. There is a difference between someone saying they are in the army to protect and serve our country and saying they are in the army because they think all muslims are terrorist and need to be killed.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:41 PM

Atheist - less. (my two best friends are the only ppl I know closely that are atheists, (i am sure there are more that I don't discuss religion with), their outlook on life is so depressing, I just have no respect for them)

Army - more (it takes certain type of nuthead to do this crap, so I gotta hand it to you)

Republican - (see one above)

coke - more. (mainly b/c ppl think it is crazy and are not well informed about it, so if you did/do it, I say, nice)

heroine - less. (mainly b/c I am have never done it thus you must be crazy)

Muslim - more. I would be surprised if a white person said he was Muslim, so I would be like "cool".

OOT home page - lol your gay
Old 05-02-2007, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Atheist - less. (my two best friends are the only ppl I know closely that are atheists, (i am sure there are more that I don't discuss religion with), their outlook on life is so depressing, I just have no respect for them)

[/ QUOTE ]

Rofl you lose. Learn how to put things in perspective.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone who thinks less of someone who served in the military is a [censored] moron seriously

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT
Old 05-03-2007, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

[/ QUOTE ]

The only people in the military are criminals who have no other options, and rednecks who want to kill brown people.