Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2007, 04:56 PM

Default Re: Name a toy you had when you were a kid.

Old 03-28-2007, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My favourite toy ever..

GI Joe Skystriker. When the wings opened, the landing gear came down.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got this one time for Christmas or Birthday and the only thing I remember is my younger friend Yosuke who I haven't seen in 20 years but I still remember his name because of the trauma he caused me, broke off one of the retractable wheels.

My friend Tracy (at the time T.J.) and I used to buy these at the grocery store and race them down his sloped driveway. His driveway was made of cement rather than asphault so it was smooth with some cracks (obstacles!) for perfect racing. The bigger the tires the better. There was another brand we bought besides Hotwheels as well.

T.J. and I used to make paper throwing stars. One time we got together with some other friends of his and gathered all our "ninja tools" to go fight in the gravel pits. I recall making a blowgun but since I couldn't find dried peas I had to use frozen...and they obviously melted lol.

Played AD&D for many years with many different people. I played Champions with T.J. and Todd and some others, it was surreal sometimes as Todd was several years older, black, and would be using drugs while T.J. and I were strictly non-drug using white boys. BTW Todd was awesome and nothing like the stereotypes you see these days. I playted Torg with my friend Mike just the 2 of us (he would GM and I'd play). I think of any RPG I've played Torg had by far the best core system. Champions is a close second. I used to play a lot of Axis and Allies with Mike in his basement while we listened to They Might be Giants and Violent Femmes.

Sadly, I haven't seen any of my childhood friends in about 10 years. Last time I saw Tracy/T.J. it was 15 years ago and he had gone AWOL on the reserve and taken up drugs. Sad. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 03-28-2007, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I need help remembering this one toy I had. I didn't want to start a topic just for that though.

It was some kind of little monster guy that came in a clear tube or vial thing with a black rubber cork stopper. You could take it out and it was kind of squishy and rubbery. It was maybe 6 inches long or something. I guess there was a lot in the collection. If you know what I'm talking about post a pic cuz that would be crazy.

[/ QUOTE ] Here is a pic of what it kind of looks like. Please post a pic if you know what I am talking about. I want to see it so bad
Old 03-28-2007, 06:56 PM

This was the greatest board game ever!! My sister and I had epic battles. $75+ now on ebay

from Wikipedia

King Oil is a boardgame by Milton Bradley, created in 1974 and now long out-of-print. The game requires players to drill for oil on a three-dimensional board, acquiring property and wealth.

The board is randomized using three rotating discs, hidden inside the plastic frame of the game and containing varying hole locations. There are 512 possible set-ups for the game.

The rotating discs determine the depth of the wells that players will drill, with four possibilities: shallow depth (the "driller" passes through no holes and shows all three colors), medium depth (passes through one hole, shows two colors), deep depth (passes through two holes, shows one color), and dry hole (passes through all three holes, shows no colors).

Before drilling, players must buy property. Pipelines can be bought once you have 4 producing oil wells on a property. The pipelines span into adjacent properties, enabling the pipeline owner to siphon royalties from the adjacent property owner every turn. This game mechanic accelerates bankruptcy of opposing players, keeping total playing time within reasonable limits.

The goal of the game is to push all your opponents into bankruptcy. Once all players are bankrupt, except one, that last remaining player is the winner.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:01 PM

Thundercats and Thundermountain.

Star Wars toys.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:02 PM

Old 03-28-2007, 07:05 PM

Old 03-28-2007, 07:56 PM

Old 03-28-2007, 08:06 PM

I found a listing of a bunch of old cool toys here.

Old 03-28-2007, 08:22 PM