Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2007, 02:36 PM

Default Re: Revisiting the Forum Split Idea

[ QUOTE ]
The only argument that has some merit is that more micro players might post more if they had their own forum.

[/ QUOTE ]
As a $5NLer, I know I'd post (instead of lurking) if there was uNL FR forum.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Plz split. The advice given by guys who play NL100 and above for lower level hands is really bad. You guys aren't competent to play that level, so shut up or split.

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL I love this guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol seriously

[/ QUOTE ]Look, when I read a thread posted on hands @NL25 or NL10 I can tell who plays what level from the responses. Higher level guys are always "shove", "raise" or "call because its (insert low level here)!".

I understand that you can call thinner because there are more donks at lower levels, and I understand that aggressive play is better overall and is a large part of why some of you are playing higher.

But there is no way for me to tell which of you are really bearing down and giving good advice, which are just being arses, which of you never played these lower levels (or haven't played them in a long time and don't realize that the games might be tigher), as opposed to those of you have the experience and are actually trying to give good advice.

So a split would be better in my mind.

Come to think of it my mind might already be sufficiently split.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand that you can call thinner

at nl10/25 its not about calling thin at all, its entirely about valuebetting thinner than you can at higher levels

I do respond seriously to nl10 and nl25 hands, occasionally I might make a sarcastic comment but for the most part I give serious advice in the threads

if it seems like its always raise/shove advice there is probably a good reason for it

as for playing the levels recently, I have a friend that I have been working with at those levels, I played a little bit myself to get a feel for the levels and have sweated him playing a fair amount as well

all told ~3k hands this month at nl10/25 plenty for me to get a good idea of how the level plays
Old 06-28-2007, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This forum means a lot to me (admittedly its the only reason I joined 2p2 as I did it the day it opened). However, having been a poster since the forum opened I think that we need to give it a little more time before we split. Maybe revisting the idea at the end of the summer and seeing where we are at that point. I think that there are too few threads that I consider very good to have to split those between both forums and personally believe that traffic would become more stagnate (sp?) if we split it.

This is a rant on reads...dont read if not interested. As someone who has played literally every level represented in this forum, the play does differ between every level but mostly it is because of the ratio of certain types of players at each game. For instance there are more big donks in NL5-25 games, but the nits and TAGs play pretty similarly to the nits or TAGs at NL100. Therefore, I am of the opinion that if everyone is able to post an decent player read in their OP the advice will be much higher quality.

Although I don't post as many OPs as most of the regulars here (as I often just discuss hands with someone over IM and have recently been playing a bunch of SNGs) I typically try to post a detailed player read including all my notes on him in the OP. I find that many of you are simply too busy 12 tabling to take the time to do this. When I see people say that villian just sat down, but then he has 180 BB I simply laugh. At least tell us how he accumulated those BB as this will certainly help the analysis of the hand. I have observed this for all levels and always take the time to write out a detailed response if someone has done this in the OP. Look to the highstakes forum for examples of this as they usually elaborate on their complete history with the villian.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this sums it up pretty well. I also am tired of seeing no reads. I think too many people have too many standard plays.
Old 06-28-2007, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like to thumb through and read the strategy posts for the level I play (100NL).

But there is more to this than simply being able to find relevant posts. When I partake in strategy posts (admittingly quite rare lately but trying to get back into it) I like to go through and do several hands in a row. I think others do this as well. So then we end up with a front page that is predominantly one level. I think this problem has the potential of discouraging posts

[/ QUOTE ]

This pretty much sums up my feelings as a lurker. I play NL25 and feel I am out of my element trying to give input to ppl @ higher levels. Add me to the category of those encouraging a split.
Old 06-28-2007, 03:34 PM

The split when it happens will happen for the sole reason of classification and tidiness PERIOD.

There are too many different caliber players in one form. If people that plays 5NL and wants to look at a 200NL hand or a 200NL player wants to help the 5NL players they will look at that appropriate form no matter if it is split or not.

Traffic and contribution have nothing to do with the spit.
Old 06-28-2007, 03:36 PM

Guys,

so far we've had a couple of lurkers come out and say they wish the uNL was separate so they could participate.

It seems the main reason those that don't want a split is because of the community/friendships that have developed here. But I think these people are missing the fact that a) half of the current community is sure to go to whichever forum they go to and b) we have new people already waiting to join the new communities.
Old 06-28-2007, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Guys,

so far we've had a couple of lurkers come out and say they wish the uNL was separate so they could participate.

It seems the main reason those that don't want a split is because of the community/friendships that have developed here. But I think these people are missing the fact that a) half of the current community is sure to go to whichever forum they go to and b) we have new people already waiting to join the new communities.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, you forgot option c!

c) I don't like half of the people in here! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-28-2007, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The split when it happens will happen for the sole reason of classification and tidiness PERIOD.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was actually my main reason for resuggesting the split. Organization and increased participation. 2+2 is certainly interested in growing.
Old 06-28-2007, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This was actually my main reason for resuggesting the split. Organization and increased participation. 2+2 is certainly interested in growing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, there is no reason to go back and forth on this matter. If the mods think there needs to be a split for the above mentioned reasons then it will happen.
Old 06-28-2007, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Exactly, there is no reason to go back and forth on this matter. If the mods think there needs to be a split for the above mentioned reasons then it will happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure and we are more than welcome to discuss the issue and suggest it to 2+2.

I've seen many forums come and go as a result of member input.