Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2007, 09:39 PM

Default Re: CrossBooking

[ QUOTE ]
there's no way that's anywhere near your real win rate in that game. lately the game has looked between good and excellent. AB (is that's his initials) is playing a lot in the day.

[/ QUOTE ]

the last few days the game has been bad.
Old 09-23-2007, 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why can't we just play hu poker boob?

you're a funny guy, insecure but funny

[ QUOTE ]
If you are interested in betting against me in any Commerce limit game 100/200 and greater, please post in this thread ASAP.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok hmm.. bob if you are interested in betting against me in a boxing match vs. bob dole let me know

[/ QUOTE ]

I think people in this thread are misunderstanding what crossbooking is. By my understanding, when you crossbook with someone you are betting your results against theirs, not that they will lose. So if Daryn wants to crossbook with Pokerbob, the bet would be to see who wins the most over a particular number of hands/period of time. The loser would have to pay the winner the difference between the two amounts. So if Daryn and Pokerbob crossbooked for 100 hours in the Commerce 1/2 and Daryn won 27k and Pokerbob won 21k, Pokerbob would owe Daryn 6k. If Pokerbob won 20k and Daryn lost 20k, Daryn would owe Pokerbob 40k. If Daryn loses 10k and Pokerbob loses 12k, Pokerbob would owe Daryn 2k.

You're not necessarily betting that the other person is going to lose, you're just betting that you will win more/lose less than them over a set period of time.
Old 09-23-2007, 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
why can't we just play hu poker boob?

you're a funny guy, insecure but funny

[ QUOTE ]
If you are interested in betting against me in any Commerce limit game 100/200 and greater, please post in this thread ASAP.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok hmm.. bob if you are interested in betting against me in a boxing match vs. bob dole let me know

[/ QUOTE ]

I think people in this thread are misunderstanding what crossbooking is. By my understanding, when you crossbook with someone you are betting your results against theirs, not that they will lose. So if Daryn wants to crossbook with Pokerbob, the bet would be to see who wins the most over a particular number of hands/period of time. The loser would have to pay the winner the difference between the two amounts. So if Daryn and Pokerbob crossbooked for 100 hours in the Commerce 1/2 and Daryn won 27k and Pokerbob won 21k, Pokerbob would owe Daryn 6k. If Pokerbob won 20k and Daryn lost 20k, Daryn would owe Pokerbob 40k. If Daryn loses 10k and Pokerbob loses 12k, Pokerbob would owe Daryn 2k.

You're not necessarily betting that the other person is going to lose, you're just betting that you will win more/lose less than them over a set period of time.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah. i'm dumb. i meant "book". i lost 7500 the other day. people are missing out.
Old 09-23-2007, 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
there's no way that's anywhere near your real win rate in that game. lately the game has looked between good and excellent. AB (is that's his initials) is playing a lot in the day.

[/ QUOTE ]

I felt like such a degen the day that I followed him from the 60 to 1/2 to 60 to 1/2.
Old 09-23-2007, 10:21 PM

yeah but he's beyond terrible. even i beat him and ive played him a lot. play him youll see.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:04 AM

pokerbob, what do you look like? im probably going to commerce tomorrow and im mildly curious.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:40 AM

suzy are you the black haired lady who plays 3-6 ers and was playing 10-20 nl the other day?
Old 09-24-2007, 01:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
pokerbob, what do you look like? im probably going to commerce tomorrow and im mildly curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 09-24-2007, 01:32 AM

lololololo

that's teddy right? he's back in vegas i think.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lololololo

that's teddy right? he's back in vegas i think.

[/ QUOTE ]

no that's pokerbob. he is teddy's brother - they look very similar.