Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2006, 08:09 PM

Default Re: best foxwoods character

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I had a feeling some jack-ass would come up with this reference. You obviously don't play 2/5 there, or you would know who I was talking about. He is there a few days a week.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have 19 posts, you don't have enough time here to start calling anyone "jackass" bub.

And no, I don't know who you're talking about, I can't stand Foxwoods. They have a monopoly on poker in the area, and with no competition they can treat their players like crap and charge ridiculous rake at their cash and tournament games.

I'd rather multi-table cash games online than drive 100 miles to Foxwoods.

[/ QUOTE ]

The guy I know as KGB there you can't miss as he's like 60, always talks about racing, and has a long white ponytail under his ballcap.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:54 PM

How about the Eazy-E look alike, not sure of his name was there constantly a few years ago, not so often lately. Always has some seriously cordinated streat gear on. I have seen him playing some very high games during tournament time. All the way down to 5/10 at other times
Old 02-24-2006, 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I just don't think Fabio is that unique of a character. You can find 5 kids like him in just about any poker city.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree. that is one reason i haven't responded to this thread yet, because many of the people mentioned are in my opinion mid-level characters no more interesting than the rest of us degenerates. i mean the bee master, now that sounds like a character. but i have never played with him. i don't think i've played with norman before either, but it appears i need to.

cabbie dave is a true character as well. when i was in vegas last month i saw him having a five minute conversation with eli elezra, and once i recognized him, i thought to myself, 'this is the kind of person who i cross paths with in multiple cities? what is up with my life?!?"

however for favorite character i might have to say ali. mid limit players in AC may know this guy since as he is fond of telling me, if he gets thrown out of foxwoods he can just go there instead. ali is very funny and always loosens the game up, and he is great at instigating little arguments among other players and then backing out himself. real nice guy too.
Old 02-25-2006, 11:54 AM

I'm not exactly a regular at Foxwoods, but I played w/Ali once at 20/40. Funny as hell. Uses the F-bomb liberally, and the floor just laughs.
Old 02-04-2007, 07:03 AM

i searched for this thread because for the first time in my life i actually saw bigfoot playing poker. sadly it was at my 30 table and even worse is he plays well so you have to tolerate him being a piece of [censored] [censored] and not m,ake anything off it.

i havent lost my temper at the table in a long time, but he made me tonight. of course typical idiot poker player responses to me telling him to shut up:

1) you gonna make me?
2) heads up 200/400?

ugh, i really hope he dies.

VENT OVER
Old 02-04-2007, 02:10 PM

Bigfoot can be very hard to deal with. You just have to try to laugh it off. He can seem to get real personal with his barbs, but underneath it all hes not a bad kid. he's sort of like Mike Matusow turned up a few notches. Severe ADHD, but actually has a heart beneath it all.
Old 02-04-2007, 03:39 PM

fabio is very underrated, he's quite a character. he's smooth, a fast-talker, great personality, hilarious. but i have to give the nod to bigfoot for best foxwoods character. i think he's out in vegas. i saw him at the wsop last year. maybe he's still out there.

lot of good bigfoot stories, like the time he had 2 kings and lost, and he got so mad he ate the cards.. physically ate them. then i overheard a story one time about how he's in vegas for the first time in his life, within 5 minutes he gets into a fistfight at mcdonalds over some guy taking his burgers by accident.
Old 02-04-2007, 04:44 PM

This is one of the funniest pictures that I have ever seen. I have been looking to resurect this thread recently but could not find it. Norman as pictured has been on a roll lately throwing cards at dealers and being ridiculous in general.

Dave the Cabby deserves a mention for general ridiculousness and disrupting the entire poker room. In one session he called me one of his "dear friends" and later in the session asked me what my name was. I have seen him lose 6500 in 20-40 and win it back in the same session.

Bigfoot although he hasn't been around much deserves a mention as does his sidekick Andre.

Papi- is a new guy who constantly begs for money and sweats people and does general errands.

River Vinny from the 20-40 game is also quite amusing. I will think of more later.
Old 02-04-2007, 04:47 PM

This is Cowboy hat Mike. He is generally a nice guy and plays 20-40 with me all the time now. He recently coldcapped 3-5 off from the button in a 7 handed pot. Flop came 635 capped 6 way. Turn 3 capped 4 way. and he lost to joshs 66 for a better full house.
Old 02-04-2007, 04:50 PM

no action Eddie is back and he is smaller and older than asian dave. This guy is a serious jerk. He keyed somebodys car and threatened to kill serveral people. He is back now. He recently played 3 hands in 8 hours and although he never dragged a pot he increased his chip stack by going to the window and sneaking chips out of his pocket back into his stack.