Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2007, 09:44 AM

Default Re: Was I justified or out of line

Oh btw all of our other friends that played with us took his side, and I one time after drinking yelled at him in the same manner you did your friend, and all of my friends got mad at me. They actually gave me the nickname raging Jason or just raging after that, even though it was the only time I did it. After awhile the nickname and situation became a laughing matter but I have been in your shoes almost exactly.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:01 PM

Default Re: Was I justified or out of line

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As long as your game uses Robert's rules as the official rules you're right and should have been awarded the pot. That being said, I would have let it go, he showed the A, gave him the pot but explained for anyone who didn't know you need to show both cards at the showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree but I had a friend that used to do the show one card routine and it royally pissed me off! It was like he was being a smarty pants by saying he only needed one card to beat me. Which I think in itself takes away from the friendly atmosphere. If you call the bet you should see both cards to get an idea how he is willing to play, which is pretty crappy btw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's be clear, for those of us who opposed OP's behavior- this kind of crap with the one-card wave has to be squashed as well, especially if repeated/intentional.