Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2006, 09:27 AM

Default Re: Official 2006-2007 College Hockey Thread

I was busy last night, so I didn't get to the game, but Clarkson beat St. Lawrence 3-1 in Potsdam. From what I saw on TV, the game looked pretty even despite St. Lawrence having a big shot advantage and a few extra powerplays.

Clarkson picked up a late power play goal in the first period to take a 1-0 lead that held until the start of the 3rd period when St. Lawrence got a shorthanded goal. Around the 11 minute mark of the third, Clarkson's Shawn Weller appeared to score his second power play goal of the game, but the goal was disputed and was reviewed. The announcers did say that it was the first time that video review was used in an ECAC game this year, although I wouldn't treat that as gospel. The goal was overturned and Clarkson scored a second goal that counted about a minute later before adding a empty netter at the end.

This game moves St. Lawrence and Clarkson into a four way tie for second in the ECAC one point behind Cornell, each with a game in hand.
Old 12-08-2006, 05:06 PM

Michigan-Notre Dame tonight at Yost. Big game. Michigan has gone back to suck mode the last three games. I realize we aren't solving the "Sauer Isn't a Good Goalie" problem this year (or next...), but hopefully the lower lines can just not screw up and let Cogliano, Hensick, and Porter score goals. I suppose we won't have any more incidents where all 3 goalies play for both teams, and multiple incidents where all 5 guys go to the box from both teams.
Old 12-09-2006, 04:21 PM

Wow, Notre Dame comes in and destroys Michigan at Yost, 7-3. Michigan was missing 2 defensemen in Jason Dest and Jack Johnson, but I thought the D didn't play that bad. Further, I thought we played them at least even and probably at an advantage in controlling the play in the first two periods.

The problem of course was goaltending. 3 very soft goals, plus two off of rebounds that perhaps shouldn't have been given up. Sauer stopped 11 of 16, Jackiel stopped something like 4 of 6. Terrible.
Old 12-09-2006, 04:26 PM

Miami still rated #4 in the country.

Go RedHawks!!

Obviously my loyalty to Miami typically translates into me cheering for Michigan losses.
Old 12-09-2006, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Miami still rated #4 in the country.

Go RedHawks!!

Obviously my loyalty to Miami typically translates into me cheering for Michigan losses.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, we have enough trouble this year without your negative vibes, thank you very much.

When does Miami play ND? Looks like that will be for the conference title.
Old 12-09-2006, 06:15 PM

still kind of a long way to go in the season before you can forecast conference title matchups I think.
Old 12-09-2006, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
still kind of a long way to go in the season before you can forecast conference title matchups I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe. But MSU is not that great. And we're not likely to suddenly snap out of our funk, which at this point is more likely just a bad team than a good team playing poorly. If anyone below that can make a run I'll be very surprised.
Old 12-09-2006, 06:28 PM

Nice thread. I'm a University of Denver alum, and can't believe I missed this thread until now! Go Pioneers!
Old 12-09-2006, 06:36 PM

Michigan without Jack Johnson is hopeless. Sauer is not a good goalie. Last night was disgusting.
Old 12-09-2006, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Saint Lawrence is 4-0-0 in ECAC, in third place with 4 games in hand against the 1rst place team and 5 games in hand against the second. They have also already beaten the first and second place teams.

[/ QUOTE ]

RPI is also undefeated in the ECAC! Go RPI! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Update, RPI currently has the fewest losses in the ECAC! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

...and is 10th out of 12. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]