Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2007, 05:54 PM

Default Re: My Web ATM = garbage

How is that possible? How were you given a card number and I was not?
Old 02-06-2007, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How is that possible? How were you given a card number and I was not?

[/ QUOTE ] Not sure. I signed up in the first window that FullTilt had them listed as a processor. You can find the original thread on it but I believe they were up for about 4 hours total. Their form and its output may very well have been different.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:52 PM

From my understanding, the funds will be available in your MyWebATM account a few days after you have verified the micro deposits. You will be able to use these funds to make a deposit onto FT then.
you do not have to wait for the card to arrive.
Old 02-06-2007, 08:00 PM

I'm definitely not the payment processor expert around here, but I asked around and as I understand it, this is the process:

1. You sign up, filling out a fairly weird looking form that doesn't look like it's a secure page but actually is.

2. A random micro credit is posted to your bank account. This is a one time event and takes a business day or two to come through.

3. You log back in and verify the amount of the micro payment.

4. Once the account is verified, your deposit amount is processed from your bank account.

5. Once the funds have been cleared from the bank to MyWebATM, your account is credited. This can take up to 3 banking business days (but hopefully shorter).

6. Only then is the account number generated. As soon as that happens, you can begin to use it (and after creating your 3 digit TAV code by clicking "change TAV" on the left hand nav, you can deposit to FTP).

7. Shortly after all of that, the physical card is generated and sent out. This has no bearing on using it online, it just matters if you want to use it at the ATM or whatever.

The site itself still looks a bit confusing and I don't much like the navigation (I think the top nav logs you out if you've logged in and the left nav is the stuff you want), but I do know that they're working on improving all of that.

Really sorry for any confusion you've had to go through with it, Allen, but hopefully once your deposit goes through and your account number is generated, it'll become clear how it works.

Doug
Old 02-06-2007, 08:21 PM

Is this a US based company. Appears to be.
Old 02-06-2007, 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I like how your post was so poorly written that it looks like they're charging 212$. It's a 12$ fee for whatever you're doing, cry about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

My post was written just fine, it is common sense they were not charging me a $212 fee...DUH

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually thought you were saying that they were charging you $212 to sign up!!! But then I thought who would pay that much. And then I thought, there are some pretty desperate people right now. And then I thought, even they wouldn't pay that much. Then I read that is was only 12 and I thought, I wish I could have the past 4 minutes back.
Old 02-06-2007, 08:40 PM

Mt experience with MyWebATM:

2+2 freaks out and calls it a scam. I decide to be a guinea pig, so I go and sign up.

Halfway through signing up I come to a screen that says I cannot be verified (???). They ask me to call a phone number to discuss it. I call the phone number, but it won't answer my call unless I have a card number.

WTF!!! For problems making an account you give out a phone number that requires an account number? Strike one.

So I email them describing my quandry, giving them my email address and cellphone number. I eventually get a response back telling me I will be contacted the very next day, and asked what time is best for me. I respond back saying anytime after 6am Pacific.

And through all of this they have my SSN, DL#, etc., and I'm getting a little anxious. I wait all the next day for an email or a phone call. I am not contacted as they assured me I would be. Strike two.

So I email back asking for either a phone number I can call without a card number, or an appointment (time and date) for them to call me.

These emails have been summarily ignored. Strike three?

How much of this do I have to put up with. I am really pissed off.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he's actually right about this one

if it debits your account $200 immediately and then takes 3 weeks to get there so you can, you know, use it, this service sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that's the case.

"There are two steps to the sign-up process. First, MyWebATM will send a small deposit to your bank account. Once this is received, you need to log into your MyWebATM account and confirm the deposit amount."

This is supposed to take a couple of business days. After you get the deposit amount and confirm, "your initial deposit will be credited to your account. You will then be issued your MyWebATM card number."

By that, I'm guessing I should be able to use the $50 I loaded within about 2-3 days of signup. Not ideal for impulse gamblers who we love to see at our tables, but certainly not "weeks"..

Compared to Epassporte that got my two small deposits for verification to me after about 15 days, I think 2-3 business days wouldn't be bad.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:22 PM

I haven't signed up for this thing and don't really care about it yet, but the difference is that epassporte isn't holding onto your money while they do that - they're just slow and have crappy CS like everybody else right now.

these guys (apparently) take money and then float it for X amount of time while your number is generated. if they do it for 3 days and you then get to use it online while they send you your card, fine, whatever. if they don't let you use it until your card is delivered, it's very shady.

oh, and they're based in california, which means they have a short shelf life compared to any of the other methods that are in the pipeline.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm definitely not the payment processor expert around here, but I asked around and as I understand it, this is the process:

1. You sign up, filling out a fairly weird looking form that doesn't look like it's a secure page but actually is.

2. A random micro credit is posted to your bank account. This is a one time event and takes a business day or two to come through.

3. You log back in and verify the amount of the micro payment.

4. Once the account is verified, your deposit amount is processed from your bank account.

5. Once the funds have been cleared from the bank to MyWebATM, your account is credited. This can take up to 3 banking business days (but hopefully shorter).

6. Only then is the account number generated. As soon as that happens, you can begin to use it (and after creating your 3 digit TAV code by clicking "change TAV" on the left hand nav, you can deposit to FTP).

7. Shortly after all of that, the physical card is generated and sent out. This has no bearing on using it online, it just matters if you want to use it at the ATM or whatever.

The site itself still looks a bit confusing and I don't much like the navigation (I think the top nav logs you out if you've logged in and the left nav is the stuff you want), but I do know that they're working on improving all of that.

Really sorry for any confusion you've had to go through with it, Allen, but hopefully once your deposit goes through and your account number is generated, it'll become clear how it works.

Doug

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for the clarification. The site is poorly designed to explain anything and so is Full Tilt step-by-step. I think you can explain it much better then current FTP info.

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]