Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2007, 01:43 PM

Default Re: UFC 74 thread

I thought he was sarcastrolling too.

trixtrix,

Where did you get that DB? Where can I get a copy or something similar?
Old 08-27-2007, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
trixtrix,

Where did you get that DB? Where can I get a copy or something similar?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is ez.

1) He made it.
2) Sell body for DBs or make your own.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are submissions dead as a primary weapon among elite MMA competitors? It seems like (from my perception, not from any hard data) the only submissions in high-level fights now are after the loser is already beaten to a pulp (Diaz-Gomi, Arlovski-Sylvia), and it's just a means to a foregone conclusion. Lower-level fighters make mistakes and walk into basic subs, or there's such a strength (or escape knowledge)mismatch that "weak" techniques are good enough for the win.

Is there a top-15 fighter in any division who has been submitted in the last 3 years without being annihilated first (or moving up 2 divisions, so Fedor-Lindland doesn't count if there wasn't a lot of damage first)? What's the ratio of submissions to KO/TKO/tapout from strikes?

[/ QUOTE ]

Submissions certainly aren't dead in MMA, but you are correct that it has become increasingly rare for elite fighters to get subbed unless they were damaged by strikes first. It's just not easy to sub a guy who has diligently trained sub defense, and nearly all top 10 fighters nowadays have at least purple belt caliber BJJ and know how to avoid the basic subs, even from bad positions. Another reason for the lack of subs is that it is much safer for the guy in dominant position to just go for a TKO from strikes or win a decision from conservatively milking side control. The increasing rarity of subs in fights between two elite fighters is why I really like watching guys like BJ Penn and Nogueira fight, because they actually are capable of subbing great fighters, though probably not as much as they used to. I also hope guys like Roger Gracie, Jacare, and Marcello Garcia make concerted efforts to transition to MMA because they're ADCC champs who do have really nasty submission skills.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:15 PM

Thremp,

Awesome douche response.

trixtrix,

What data did you use for your DB (Sherdog's fight finder, etc.)?
Old 08-27-2007, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thremp,

Awesome douche response.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm... That is 100% correct since I've asked him. Why don't you just say in the future: "Hey man, can you just gimme your model and DB. Hell, can I [censored] your wife while I'm at it?"
Old 08-27-2007, 07:06 PM

I didn't say it wasn't correct, I said it was a douchey response. You aren't trixtrix, yet you answered for him with a [censored] tone.

EDIT: FWIW, I have no interest in using a DB for sports betting purposes. I'm just interested in things like the question above (subs vs. KOs).
Old 08-27-2007, 07:26 PM

just go rent/buy sherdog's fightfinder db, i know they rent them out to commercial sites (see espn)

my db wouldn't be fit for your type of inquiry anyways as it is optimized toward gambling and betting line analysis..
Old 08-27-2007, 10:53 PM

hijack: another 2p2er linked this, i found it hilarious:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...40212488475609
Old 08-28-2007, 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I could not beleive how completely GSP owned the wrestling in that match. Koscheck looked like a tackling dummy getting taken down. And GSP avoided that last takedown attempt in the third round, just awesome.

Randy is the man. GG should have been more poised when getting slammed, those face to face collisions can be pretty easily avoided if you keep your wits about you. Still very impressed with Gabe though. He'll be around for a while.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been touting GSP's wreslting ability for over a year. I'm glad you blocked my posts,i actually began posting on here as my fantasy sportsbetting because I quit. I'm happy that I returned and while I los ta small play on GG, I cleaned up on GP, Babalu, Mir, and threw some money on Cote thanks to the above post which I originally disagreed with.