Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2007, 04:30 AM

Default Re: Your poker bankroll story

Lets see this is how far my memory can go...

Started with free $50 on party pokah.
Ran up to $1200 in about a week.
Went down to $20 a day later.
Ran that back up to 2k a week later.
Went down to about $400 party closed down.

Put $400 on stars and went broke.
Bought a giftcard redeposited $50.
Got 2nd in a donkament got to $500ish.
Went broke same night.

Repeat last couple lines about 33 times except getting to 500ish-1k in diff. ways.

Started with $50ish again, ran up to 5k playing omaha h/l after just learning it at 1/2ish over a month or so.
Ran up too fast and went broke playing $30/60 over a couple days.

Deposited $300 and started at $15/30 got to $800 in an hour and half. About 2 months later I was grinding 30/60 with a 30k bankroll. About another month later I was busto from tilting too much and taking shots at 5k NL and 5k hu's after losing a grand or so to chase losses.

Start with $50 again, ran up to maybe 15k playing omaha h/l cash in less than a month. Gambooled and played 5k PLO and before I knew it was at 50k. Shipped to full tilt. Run up to 95k at peak, and go busto playing 1k/2k horse. Cashed out enough for a laptop during this time and some other small stuff 2kish worth (currently only things ever won from poker).

Lets see, after that I started putting like $200 on stars and play PLO8 $15 sngs. Run up to a couple more hundo, go to cash on life tilt from near 100k i lost and throw it all basically away.

Uhh get down to $20ish play $3.40 10 man PLo8s and get back to about a hundred. Go broke playing something stupid.

Repeat last 2 things about 5 times.

Uhh put $50 on full tilt last week, got up to $120ish Went down to $20 from doing something stupid while I was up at 5am watching nick@nite roseanne tilts me. Went 9-1 in $6 Hu sngs and played some penny cash games today and am now at $80 lol.
Old 08-10-2007, 04:35 AM

My story starts out 4 years ago in a distant land known as Minnesota.

I actually go in cycles like so: 1. win money 2. have breakeven strech 3. get unmotivated 4. stop playing for several months 5. want to make monies so start playing again

I have gone through this cycle many times in the last 4 years. I am not wealthy, thus my bankroll story is sad.
Old 08-10-2007, 07:51 AM

POKER CHAMPS:
couple free rolls = couple of dollars
1 dollar tourney -> $3
2c/4c - > $5
micro sngs - > couple 100

pacific poker : more sngs couple 100
bodog : 3rd in stupid tourney for 300

Stars : donkaments, sngs, and 100nl -> 5k

beat: took me 2 years
Old 08-10-2007, 08:05 AM

Started with a free $50, busted it first night, eventually got another and worked it up to a few hundred randomly playing LHE, SNGs and whatnot. Started properly playing NLHE cash at 25nl around Frist time last year, October I think. Currently pretty well rolled for and beating 25/50.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:32 AM

Location: Phase 1: collect underpants Phase 2: ??? Phase 3: Profit

[ QUOTE ]
Lets see this is how far my memory can go...

Started with free $50 on party pokah.
Ran up to $1200 in about a week.
Went down to $20 a day later.
Ran that back up to 2k a week later.
Went down to about $400 party closed down.

Put $400 on stars and went broke.
Bought a giftcard redeposited $50.
Got 2nd in a donkament got to $500ish.
Went broke same night.

Repeat last couple lines about 33 times except getting to 500ish-1k in diff. ways.

Started with $50ish again, ran up to 5k playing omaha h/l after just learning it at 1/2ish over a month or so.
Ran up too fast and went broke playing $30/60 over a couple days.

Deposited $300 and started at $15/30 got to $800 in an hour and half. About 2 months later I was grinding 30/60 with a 30k bankroll. About another month later I was busto from tilting too much and taking shots at 5k NL and 5k hu's after losing a grand or so to chase losses.

Start with $50 again, ran up to maybe 15k playing omaha h/l cash in less than a month. Gambooled and played 5k PLO and before I knew it was at 50k. Shipped to full tilt. Run up to 95k at peak, and go busto playing 1k/2k horse. Cashed out enough for a laptop during this time and some other small stuff 2kish worth (currently only things ever won from poker).

Lets see, after that I started putting like $200 on stars and play PLO8 $15 sngs. Run up to a couple more hundo, go to cash on life tilt from near 100k i lost and throw it all basically away.

Uhh get down to $20ish play $3.40 10 man PLo8s and get back to about a hundred. Go broke playing something stupid.

Repeat last 2 things about 5 times.

Uhh put $50 on full tilt last week, got up to $120ish Went down to $20 from doing something stupid while I was up at 5am watching nick@nite roseanne tilts me. Went 9-1 in $6 Hu sngs and played some penny cash games today and am now at $80 lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

u had 100k at one point and now ur playing $6 sng's?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Old 08-10-2007, 09:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

This is a graph of my NLHE cash game story so far. Obviously I am the grand master of BR management.

[/ QUOTE ]

jesus
Old 08-10-2007, 10:08 AM

I ran $500 up to $50k in 3 weeks or 30k hands
Old 08-10-2007, 10:26 AM

I initially desposited $25 onto Pokerroom in Jan 2004 (after playing 3-4 months of Sklansky Dollar). Grinded their 1-2 :P and made it up to $100 ish. Took both 7Sultans and RVP (Prima) $10 no deposit bonus. Ran it up to $1000 after shortstack nitting their $50 NL game hitting and running everytime by Summer 04. Pretty much stayed even, but I got into online MTT by being able to play their freeroll qualifier by playing enough raked hands each day. Eventually I nitted a 2nd place finish with my grandma like styles.

I then moved to PS and played their daily $1-3 MTT and made my first FT (2000 man $3 and came in 6th for like $200). In jan 05 I won my first online 4 figure MTT on Paradise for 1200 wwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

I then had another $800 cash before my 2nd year was over. Then in May 05, Pacific had their refer a friend promo which nets you $100, so I had a friend do that and i told him I'd give him $25, he took 20% of me in their 250K ($100+10). I luckboxed into 8th for 5K. I then decided to screw going back to my summer work (Pizza Pizza). I then took down $20+2 on PS for $2500. A month or two later I made the FT of the Prima 100K ($50+R) and donked off my CL and finished 5th or 6th for $5100. I took down a $5 on PS for $800, start playing Omaha Hi Lo MTT and took a couple down as well, finished the summer up 15K (more money than i had made in my previous 4 summers combined).

Won another Pacific Poker MTT for $3300 (their 15K Guaranteed) and a couple other cashes before the school year was over in 05/06. That summer I played again and took down 3 x $20+2 PS MTTs, a PLHE MTT, and some on other sites for ~10-12K profit. Hit up the WSOP and broke even winning 3/7 WSOP SNG, cashing in my only 1500 event (losing with AA vs JJ AIPF after making it into the money for a 26K pot) and donking off chips in 2 $1000 MTT Sats to ME.

After that, I just never recovered. I played a bit here and there, but I lost my edge and dedication. This summer I'm currently working a student position which has me do nothing. I'm really only doing it for the paper experience so I have more options when I get out of school. I have some saved so that I can always test poker and take time off when I graduate. Now I need to get the fire back up and begin the grind again.

Thanks for reading ~+35-40K, not as balla as some of you other young guns.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:34 AM

20 > bust
20 > bust
50 > 1800 doyles room donkament robusto

cashed out all but 200 which I bustod

100 > busto

5 > 350 then busto again and started reading 2+2

130 > 350 presently - no tilt or playing underolled this time, gotten a much better grasp of cash now (microNL)
Old 08-10-2007, 10:44 AM

About 2 years ago I deposited $100 online to play .25/.50 LHE after reading Small Stakes Hold 'em: Winning Big with Expert Play. Withdrew between 100-300 every couple weeks, accumulating about $1200 in profit before going busto trying to play NL.

Then I read HoH vol 1, booked a $300 profit at my first live game (foxwoods 1/2 NL). My next 3 sessions saw +540, +250 and +700...that's basically how I build my live bankroll. Kept playing 1/2 NL, eventually moved up to 2/5 after playing 1/2 with great success for over a year. I occasionally will deposit 100-200$ on fulltilt just to practice MTTs, have gone busto online several times, but have withdrawn probably about $3-4k online incrementally after big tournament wins/final tables. In that whole time frame I built a massive poker library, reading everything I could get my hands on, constantly trying to improve my game. Some concepts worked for me, some didn't, and somewhere along the line I developed a very sound, winning game.

In March I took a trip to Reno with my father for a bowling tournament that he goes to every year. It just so happened to be the same weekend that the Grand Sierra was hosting some WPT events. I played in a $500 NLHE tournament with 149 people, placed 5th for ~4,700. Biggest tournament win to date, plus I ran hot at the cash games. I ended up bringing a $6500 profit home for 3 days of play.

Being a life-nit, I decided to take ~80% of my bankroll after that weekend and pay off all my outstanding debt (money i owed on my car, and student loans). As of right now I'm rebuilding playing the ever juicy 1/2 NL live games at underground clubs around my hometown, and weekend at foxwoods and the borgata in AC. I've played a fair amount of cash games online, but I really don't see the point when I get paid off on EVERY hand when I play live..while the online games just keep getting tougher to beat.

Right now I'm rolled to play 2/5 live, but am averaging such disgusting profits at 1/2 NL at the moment that I'm taking my time before moving back up...plus, being a nit, I really like to have 40 BI behind me at all times.

Well, that's my story. GL at the tables! -Eric