Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who should go to jail longer?
The three guys who tried to dig up her corpse and have sex with it 18 19.35%
Her boyfriend who lost control of the motorcycle while drunk, speeding and not having her wear a helmet 75 80.65%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-18-2007, 03:29 AM

Default Re: Mudslinging, Personal Attacks, and Unsubstantiated Accusations Forum

I'm all for this. I mean it's useless but who the [censored] cares. If they don't like it, [censored] 'em. It would be fun to argue with respect in politics and then have a place to tell the same person to suck a dick.

Cody
Old 07-18-2007, 04:14 AM

Default Re: Mudslinging, Personal Attacks, and Unsubstantiated Accusations For

[ QUOTE ]
tuq,

I think TT has a mancrush on you - watch out.

[/ QUOTE ]

tuq gives me wood. Ceder to be exact. I'm gonna build me a bookshelf.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:55 AM

Mat has asked me to investigate this idea a little further, but he is serious that it could happen.

First, do we genuinely believe that creating such a forum, (I'll give it the working title of MUHAHA for the purposes of this post), would be to the benefit of Twoplustwo and its readers as a whole? Would it create its own traffic and become somewhere that people would visit every day in addition to their usual forums, after the initial few days of outpourings just because it was there? Don't we already have forums such as ATF, NVG and BBV where we can go occasionally to vent our vitriol? (Just have a quick scroll through some of NT!'s past posts to see an expert in action.)

If we do want to proceed with it, what Rules should be in place? Please post a few possible, say, five-point sticky posts for debate, (remembering that Mason has never wanted an "everything goes" forum). Feel free to volunteer to mod, (or to suggest mods), but realise if you do volunteer, you are likely to receive criticism in the vein of the content of MUHAHA, in this thread.

Of course, we could simply have an O/T MUHAHA thread here in ATF, for the same purpose.

And here's a quick pole for those who couldn't be arsed to write out a response:
Old 07-18-2007, 08:31 AM

We should have a "dids and NT! are unreasonable jerks" forum and everyone who posts in it should be instantly banned for stupidity.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:59 AM

The MUD Forum:

Mudslinging,
Unsubstantiated Accusations,
Denigrating Attacks
Old 07-18-2007, 09:18 AM

people are actually considering this as an idea?

i don't see how it would really be good for anything other than giving a few of us a platform to mercilessly abuse others... and i have one already, so it's all gravy for me.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:55 AM

What we need more of on 2+2 is petty arguments between people who take themselves too seriously.

How could that NOT increase traffic?
Old 07-18-2007, 11:42 AM

Default Re: Mudslinging, Personal Attacks, and Unsubstantiated Accusations Forum

[ QUOTE ]
I'm all for this. I mean it's useless but who the [censored] cares. If they don't like it, [censored] 'em. It would be fun to argue with respect in politics and then have a place to tell the same person to suck a dick.

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

This is actually why I think such a forum would work. So many discussions on this site degenerate into a series of personal attacks. Moderators could move that part of the thread to this proposed forum. At that point the participants would either realize how silly they were, or they would have an open forum to continue their emotional spewing.

If this is created, one very important rule will be that all participants are willing. It would not be a forum for people to come and make personal attacks on anyone they choose.

Perhaps new posts should not even be allowed. Threads in this new forum would only exist and continue if moved here? The forum would be read and reply only.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:55 AM

Does this software (or the next version) support popping up a warning page before going into the forum letting the person know what they are in for in the forum? Like Craigslist does for some of the bluer content?
Old 07-18-2007, 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Perhaps new posts should not even be allowed. Threads in this new forum would only exist and continue if moved here? The forum would be read and reply only.

[/ QUOTE ]

The potential drawback to a system like this is that won't certain posters, deliberately derail threads in other subforums distictly for the purpose of having it shifted to the MUHAHA forum.

EX: I start debating the various benefits of different types of nuclear fuel rod cladding with NT! in OOT or wherever. I am infinitely more knowledgeable on the subject than he is. Thus, knowing he can't win a reasoned debate on the subject, he commences a personal broadside with the express purpose of getting it shifted to the MUHAHA battleground where he now clearly holds the expertise.

Perhaps, instead of not allowing new threads in MUHAHA, one of the restrictions on new threads must be that they reference an already opened battle in another thread somewhere else. Along the lines of what RichardTanner was suggesting.

Another idea is to allow the mods of other forums to offer "warring tribes/posters" the opportunity to end their flames or shift to MUHAHA to continue the battle vice having to use the banstick/thread locker whenever the flames erupt.