Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Should I just flip a coin instead?
Chester Taylor at home on short rest 1 25.00%
Willie Parker on the road 3 75.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 01:52 AM

Default Re: WSEX: Official Monthly Thread: August. (#12 of 12.)

You honestly think that switching to contributed will bring in more players? Seriously, what is the ad campaign gonna be? "Come play at WPX, we give 75% rakeback...and guess what? It's contributed!!" The average player doesn't care. And the people already playing on the site do care...they want dealt.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:06 AM

switching to contributed will help lower the player base, not increase it
Old 08-07-2007, 02:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
We have not gone to contributed yet. It was slated for the late August release but we may push it back one month.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this happening no matter what?

I urge you to reconsider.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:21 AM

omg I misclicked in your poll. Meant to vote for dealt obv.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The thing about contributed rake is that it would be a new/ innovative concept and almost definitely attract some NEW poker players to the site.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is ridiculous 2 different ways.

1. It is not new and innovative. If you like contributed rakeback better for some odd reason there are plenty of places where you can get it.

2. There is not a single player in the universe who will decide they now want to give their business to WPEX because they changed from dealt-hand RB to contributed.
No, I can't actually KNOW this. But I suspect it is very likely.
There is just no way that switching to contributed would bring in more players and it's really ridiculous to think otherwise.

I pointing out this rather obvious aspect that I think most on here understand mostly because I have a mild concern that WPEX might somehow listen to your odd argument and think there is still a decent percentage of players on their site who would be in favor of this change. There aren't.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
omg I misclicked in your poll. Meant to vote for dealt obv.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-07-2007, 04:01 AM

Yes the dealt method is good , no need to change good things ..... The rakeback is good too and both are assets and should not be changed imo.

WPEX needs to fix the "bad" things .... . I think that what wpex needs is a new way to deposit for americans that is easy and if possible cheap or even free. An easy way to cash out would be nice too for americans. And running some ads would help for sure ! Let people know you exist and that you offer this 75% rakeback. Many people look for rakeback but I noticed that even on some forums wpex is unknown or barely known !!
2 other things that might help are affilliates and a first deposit bonus. Many people go to a site if there is a decent first deposit bonus and affiliates are as good as ads cause they will for sure spread the word that you are out there.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:06 AM

If WSEX is trying to get more players, I would suggest implementing the plan to attract the new players and then once more players are there, then decide whether or not it's wise to switch to contributed. Otherwise, the current player base, or what's left of it, is going to leave before any new traffic arrives.

Hasn't everybody here that plays WSEX stated that they prefer dealt? Shouldn't that mean something? Otherwise why would WSEX GM be here?

BO
Old 08-07-2007, 11:23 AM

Why don't some people hand out a ton of flyers about this situation at MAJOR TOURNAMENTS around the usa and tell everyone how we can keep all the money in the poker community, with the bonus money in 5k's currently, by playing at Worldpx?

Granted most will be ignorant but a grassroots movement needs to be started. Anyone else agree?
Old 08-07-2007, 08:38 PM

I play many sites including WSEX for nearly a year. IMHO the software is fine and fast and improved. The main thing to get more players would be to to make cash withdrawal for US players easier. Also email current players more often with information. For example, I had no idea that rakeback changed to 75% until a week after it happened. Sudden change scares people off. I don't mind if you go to contribued rake except that it will scare a few more off your site. I like your site. Hope you guys can build it up.
Closed Thread