Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2006, 04:03 AM

Default Re: ZeeJustin apologizes

You may be right, but he probably ain't no Mother Theresa yet. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-30-2006, 04:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have read no replies yet. So I might be in the minority.

People makes mistakes. At least he is man enough to fess up to what he has done wrong. He has, in my mind, made a first step in rehabbing his reputation.

Call me crazy, but I believe in forgiveness and redemption.

[/ QUOTE ]

good, invite him to your homegame.

[/ QUOTE ]
Let's not get crazy now.

I never said that anyone should welcome him back with open arms. All I'm really doing is acknowledging that he is admitting he f'd up. This may or my not be genuine. I don't know. Maybe this is spin control, or just a disengenuous attempt to rehab his reputation. Or maybe it's genuine. I don't know enough to say one way or the other.

[/ QUOTE ]

He probably will cheat again, and I was never a fan, I hated his attitude. I still say, it takes a bigger man to admit he was wrong and say sorry. I still don't trust him, but who knows, maybe he keeps his nose clean from now.

Mack
Old 03-30-2006, 04:40 AM

If your gonna cheat you should remove your 100 grand from the site, ya know, so they don't take it. Ass.
Old 03-30-2006, 04:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
For starters, many of the poker players that I have learned from were using the same practice

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
People seemed to accept it as ok and talked about it in the open

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Party has a zero tolerance policy which in my opinion is unfair

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I did some thinking and determined that it was indeed wrong to enter tournaments on multiple accounts

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I have many friends that have multi-accounted tournaments in the past

[/ QUOTE ]

He needs to quit poker and go into politics. He's got
all of the excuses down. He can go to the DC and
fit right in with our duly elected slugs!!!!!!!
Old 03-30-2006, 04:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
....and I hope that you guys will one day forgive me.

Check it out. I think hes sincere.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, but I don't get a lot of "sincerity vibes" from this tome.

It sounds to me like a case of a kid who became a poker addict action junkie, got caught cheating and evicted from participating in his passion, and nowadays couldn't even get a game from nomadic tribesmen in Timbuktu.

Once a cheat, always a cheat. Forgive, sure, no problem, that is the humane spiritual thing to do. But anything that has to do with poker or gambling for money on anything .... fuggitaboutit.

And as for that lame-o line about having lots of friends who are cheats, and he feels assured that they aren't cheating any more .... it is just an indication of how much more growing up he needs to do. He is way too naive and must think that everyone reading his blog is as naive as he is.
Old 03-30-2006, 04:56 AM

This is an interesting situation in the poker community. There has always been speculation of cheaters but this is la creme de la creme of cheating instances to date for online play. I must say that it pleases me to see so many 2+2ers getting irate at this occurance. It shows that the tolerance for cheating is zilch. To me it is very important that we as the poker community lead the way as far as setting the standard and acceptable practices for the game we all love so much. After all there are a lot of us that are making a living from these 52 cards.
As for Justin I think this is just a case of a young kid barely out of his teens that was too smart for his own good. I did a lot of crazy sh-t when I was his age(30's now)and didnt think of the consequences until afterwards which usually brought a lot of regrets. Yeah he should of known better and he was definitely smart enough to, but lets face it he is still a kid no matter how smart. I think with some reflection he realizes that he basicly gave up his name,his rep, his very soul if you will, for money. Now his passion and everything he worked so hard to attain is basicly vanishing before his very eyes. Im sure the 100k+ being taken hurts too. He basicly played a game of high stakes NL with his life, went all in on a steal and got called. The flop has come with no help, will the turn bring his miracle(restoration) maybe the river , who knows only time will tell...
Old 03-30-2006, 08:16 AM

Ugh.

His apology may be sincere, or he may be full of [censored]. People will have to make their own judgements about that.

However, considering that he has demonstrated that he is a lier and a cheat, I would question the intelligence and sanity of anyone who trusts him again. It's just bad [censored] odds.

Why bother giving him a second chance? He may be honestly sorry, but why waste the time considering the possibility?

Sure, forgiveness to a key human experience. However, spend your time and effort forgiving people who know to be good people. Don't waste your the effort on a lying piece of [censored] who may have learned a lesson, or may just have a good speech writer.

People who cheat on college exams don't get a second chance, they get thrown out. And that doesn't even include criminal theft.

Despite the amount of work he put into it, he should still consider himself lucky to have opportunities he had. Most people never have those chances even once, so why the [censored] should he get a second chance after he already blew the first one by stealing thousands of dollars from innocent individuals? It's an insult to anyone who works hard at the game and refuses to take the easy way out.

I am not a moral absolutist. I am a realist. In the very large community of poker players, is in impractical to give a cheat a second chance.
Old 03-30-2006, 08:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wow one mistake doesnt make or not make the man. or the granny lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Just so we are all on the same page, this is one of ZJ's shill posting accounts, right?

In reading some of the old posts of this account, I can't see who it would be a real, cognative person.
Old 03-30-2006, 08:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There has always been speculation of cheaters but this is la creme de la creme of cheating instances to date for online play.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is not a chance that this situation is "la creme de la creme." I have no doubts there are more sophisticated cheating schemes that have been in place for a long time. The opportunity is simply too lucrative and with proper diligence virtually impossible to trace and detect. The only people you see getting busted for cheating now are the most arrogant and naive fools who thought it would never happen to them. What worries me are the likely multitudes who are technically savvy enough and smart enough to lay low under the radar and continue to exploit the opportunity.
Old 03-30-2006, 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I will explain to them exactly why it is wrong on both an ethical and practical level.

[/ QUOTE ]

What a moron. It's freakin common sense why multiple entries into a tournament is cheating. He's seen the light and he will now bring goodness to the poker community and the world- lol- our savior.