Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2007, 10:41 PM

Default Re: FTP Answers 10/24

The ability to lock tables to their current size would be nice.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:11 AM

Doug, thanks and appreciated. Please read my latest post regarding an updated help center at FTP. Perhaps an Obundsman could be employed by the site. To represent both the site and the customer. Thanks Sillysal
Old 10-25-2007, 12:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I don't see why it would be difficult.

[/ QUOTE ]

It would require the software to remember which tournaments you have played and then write the summary when the tournament ends up to 6 hours later. Then how do you deal with people who close out FTP before the tournament ends?

It's pretty complicated, and the solutions that I'm seeing are all memory intensive on either server or client side.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously people who close out before the tournament ends would have to get it another way.

As for the software remembering what you've played, well, how are they going to e-mail the tournament summaries without remembering what you've played?

Would it make you feel better if it were for SnGs only?
Old 10-25-2007, 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

There are only a certain amount of solid players on the site at one time.

[/ QUOTE ]

And now they can sit at even more tables!

[ QUOTE ]
If the guy sitting out is solid then you're playing 5 handed with the fish (I'm assuming there's some reason you're at the table) and be happy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or I could be sitting 6 handed with 2 fish instead of 5 handed with 1.

[ QUOTE ]
If he's a fish then wait for him to come back. If the table is bad then find another. Edited to add that there's nothing worse than when a huge fish sits out and gets booted.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no problem waiting for fish to come back, but the most common reason I see that a fish leaves for more than a few seconds is because he has no more money and wants to take up a seat out of spite.

There is absolutely no reason that there should be players taking up a seat on 12+ tables and not playing for any longer than the 2 minutes it takes to go take a piss.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree entirely. How about 2 full orbits? That's enough time to do anything around the house that is necessary during a session. Anything longer than that and you should stop, but I've sat at a table where people sit out for longer than that. It's ridiculous.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
11. 360s, ps3s and wiis please.

- Video games are addictive.

[/ QUOTE ]

I found this hilarious [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
At the same time, he has a point. You can't be generating rake if you're playing Halo 3.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:52 AM

Default I want my hat

Doug-

Thanks for coming on here and answering everyone's questions. I really appreciate it.

Back during the WSOP Fantasy Poker I won two free hats for being in the top 50 in two events. I still have not received my hats and it has been several months now. Have they been shipped?

Sorry if this has been asked and answered before.

IWMY
Old 10-25-2007, 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Obviously people who close out before the tournament ends would have to get it another way.

As for the software remembering what you've played, well, how are they going to e-mail the tournament summaries without remembering what you've played?

Would it make you feel better if it were for SnGs only?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I'm sure they have a log of every user who entered a tournament along with their email. It would be trivial to compile those addresses to send out a summary.

To save it right to your HD they would have to signal your specific client to record it later(and personally I don't want FTP support having the ability to write files to my HD) or they would have to program your client to remember which tournaments you have played and check later for a summary.

Both options are bad because the client already suffers from performance issues, adding new functions is not going to help.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
28. Doug! I am very surprised that you did not comment on the window focus issue. It's the one thing that tilts me the [censored] out. Seems like an easy fix. Why hasn't it happened?

- Can you explain this one a bit more? What focus issue? The client should never steal your cursor focus, so you should be able to keep typing in whatever window you've been typing in even if another window pops up over it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, is this a PokerAce Hud problem as you mentioned in your 6/7 answers? If so, does anyone know which PAH settings we should use to stop the focus issues?
Old 10-25-2007, 02:49 AM

We still want $T [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] i forgot to complain last thread due to being happy there was a thread i think.
Old 10-25-2007, 03:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
28. Doug! I am very surprised that you did not comment on the window focus issue. It's the one thing that tilts me the [censored] out. Seems like an easy fix. Why hasn't it happened?

- Can you explain this one a bit more? What focus issue? The client should never steal your cursor focus, so you should be able to keep typing in whatever window you've been typing in even if another window pops up over it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, is this a PokerAce Hud problem as you mentioned in your 6/7 answers? If so, does anyone know which PAH settings we should use to stop the focus issues?

[/ QUOTE ]
It's not a PAHUD problem.