Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2006, 03:21 PM

Default Re: the mmtbone thread - mod discussion

[ QUOTE ]
lorinda is a very intelligent person, and, (although I didn't tell lorinda), it seems to me that somehow lorinda has discovered that if a poster wants something deleted, and it isn't, then Twoplustwo could be sued - hence, the threat of legal action to get the relevant posts deleted, which is probably in reality all lorinda wants.

[/ QUOTE ]

Id this true? I'd be shocked if it were true. I mean, sure anyone can sue for any baseless reason, but I don't think lorinda has any right to control the content of the boards, unless there's like a sex tape of hers linked somewhere.
Old 03-29-2006, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lori only really posts in OOT when somebody posts about him. The weird thing is that when it happens, he's on it wicked fast (as was the case in the BUSTO thread). This is a person who seems to care WAY too much about the internet (as evidenced by the weird, yet very touching Granny Mae thing).

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought GrannyMae was the man.
Old 03-29-2006, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I also don't know why Lorinda is freaking out so much regarding the gender issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't believe that they are freaking out about the gender issue:

many people have posted views about me in the past and that's their right, posting personal information about me in a factual manner is nobodies right without my permission, and trust me, he doesn't have my permission.

i believe the issue is lori vs yugo/mmb, and they are using the "privacy violation"/permission/threat angle to force moderator action on it. if lori has spoken about or been cool with anybody else discussing gender in public, this is all but confirmed as fact.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have asked lorinda as a personal favor to me now that the offending posts have been deleted to let this whole thing die, and this was agreed to. I'm don't know you nearly as well, astro, but I would very much appreciate it if you did the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

No way. This issue is way too absurd to let die so easily.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-29-2006, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lorinda is a very intelligent person, and, (although I didn't tell lorinda), it seems to me that somehow lorinda has discovered that if a poster wants something deleted, and it isn't, then Twoplustwo could be sued - hence, the threat of legal action to get the relevant posts deleted, which is probably in reality all lorinda wants.

[/ QUOTE ]

Id this true? I'd be shocked if it were true. I mean, sure anyone can sue for any baseless reason, but I don't think lorinda has any right to control the content of the boards, unless there's like a sex tape of hers linked somewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure if that's really true either. Mat recently mentioned something about 2+2's lawyer telling them that they might have to delete a post(s) if the person who wrote it insists that it be deleted. But that's not the same as having to delete a post just because it contains information some other user doesn't want out there.

In this case it looks like we granted the request just because of the site's overall position on privacy.
Old 03-29-2006, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
just so you guys know what we're dealing with here, these are the quotes that lori freaked out about and declared a "trainwreck":

Yugoslav: What do you think of Lorinda/Lori?

mmbt0ne: Obviously a very good player, but I'm not sure why he plays so low. His style is definitely different than most of the stt forum, but it seems to work pretty well for the games he plays.

seriously. that's it. they were also buried in a thread with over 300 posts, and nobody even commented on them.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO, there is nothing that should be edited in this and 2+2 should not be held hostage by lori. I'd favor an explanation to lori about how she cannot go apeshit whenever she wants, and if necessary a suspension.
Old 03-29-2006, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure if that's really true either. Mat recently mentioned something about 2+2's lawyer telling them that they might have to delete a post(s) if the person who wrote it insists that it be deleted. But that's not the same as having to delete a post just because it contains information some other user doesn't want out there.

In this case it looks like we granted the request just because of the site's overall position on privacy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, that makes sense. It's a different issue when one is talking abuot one's own post.
Old 03-29-2006, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this true? I'd be shocked if it were true. I mean, sure anyone can sue for any baseless reason, but I don't think lorinda has any right to control the content of the boards, unless there's like a sex tape of hers linked somewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was remembering Mat's post of:

[ QUOTE ]
We confirmed with our lawyer, friday, that the only instance where we might face a legal problem is when we are asked to delete information, and decline to do so. I'm just letting everyone know that if a request is made and the decision seems close, we will always support your decisions to delete.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't, and don't, equate this to mean only when the request comes from the person who wrote the post in question.
Old 03-29-2006, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I didn't, and don't, equate this to mean only when the request comes from the person who wrote the post in question.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do, because there would be no real point in having the forum if anyone could demand that any posts or information related to them be removed.

For instance, what if I demand that any information in any post which shows that I'm not very smart be removed? Where would that end? Again, I think this was more about our general take on privacy than anything else. I also think I'm correct about what Mat meant because of the context in which he made that comment. He said it in a thread about a poster wanting one of his own posts/threads removed.

I've been known to be wrong before, though. I'm sure Mat will set me straight if I am about this.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I do, because there would be no real point in having the forum if anyone could demand that any posts or information related to them be removed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone can demand anything at any time, as we all well know.

Whether we agree that they have a point, and that if they threatened to sue, or sued, anyone should be concerned, is an entirely different matter. (Although threats of legal action usually win even in neutral circumstances, as no one wants to pay legal fees when something isn't very important, in the first place.)

My point in the lorinda case was that, to me, lorinda appeared to know that it was a topical subject, and lorinda used it to lorinda's advantage. (I might be seeing far too much in this, of course.)

Personally, (and I know this is irrelevant), I don't think lorinda would have a leg to stand on in this particular incident, and even lorinda's own lawyer would have advised against lorinda spending money on threatening to sue.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this true? I'd be shocked if it were true. I mean, sure anyone can sue for any baseless reason, but I don't think lorinda has any right to control the content of the boards, unless there's like a sex tape of hers linked somewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was remembering Mat's post of:

[ QUOTE ]
We confirmed with our lawyer, friday, that the only instance where we might face a legal problem is when we are asked to delete information, and decline to do so. I'm just letting everyone know that if a request is made and the decision seems close, we will always support your decisions to delete.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps not, but this can't mean exactly what's written as that would be far too overbroad. It ceartinly couldn't mean that I (or anyone) could just request any piece of "information" be deleted, no matter how little or much it might be about me.