Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2007, 01:02 PM

Default Re: Should the Pats be running up the score on everybody in garbage ti

[ QUOTE ]
yes. [censored] you NFL and everyone who questioned what we've accomplished this decade. if you don't like it, then don't get blown out. it's not our responsibility to keep the games close.

[/ QUOTE ]

What position do you play?
Old 10-18-2007, 01:07 PM

Default Re: Should the Pats be running up the score on everybody in garbage time?

THERE ARE PEOPLE MAKING SIX AND SEVEN FIGURES A YEAR ON THE OPPOSING SIDE WHOSE GODDAMN JOB IT IS TO STOP THE NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS FROM SCORING POINTS.

How can anyone actually complain about RUTS in fkn professional sports. GET BETTER THEN, ASS HOLE, IT IS YOUR PROFESSION. Hell, it's ridiculous to whine about it in college in 99.9% of the occasions.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
yes. [censored] you NFL and everyone who questioned what we've accomplished this decade. if you don't like it, then don't get blown out. it's not our responsibility to keep the games close.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thats fine, but what do you do if Brady, one of the receivers or someone on the O-line gets lit up when they went for it on 4th and 2 with a double digit lead in the final minutes, ending that player's season?

[/ QUOTE ]

How else they gonna stay #1 in the AP poll and play in the BCS title game?

[/ QUOTE ]

strange, but i would actually like to have whoever finishes #1 play the patriots in a bcs bowl. i think it would be very entertaining.

[/ QUOTE ]

What would the spread be? 50?

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe like 42

[/ QUOTE ]

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL I would bet my house on NE -42. What do you think the score would be if the Miami Dolphins played, say, LSU? Miami would kick the hell out of LSU and they are the worst team in the league.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Thats fine, but what do you do if Brady, one of the receivers or someone on the O-line gets lit up when they went for it on 4th and 2 with a double digit lead in the final minutes, ending that player's season?

[/ QUOTE ]

How else they gonna stay #1 in the AP poll and play in the BCS title game?

[/ QUOTE ]

strange, but i would actually like to have whoever finishes #1 play the patriots in a bcs bowl. i think it would be very entertaining.

[/ QUOTE ]Quick, someone make a a purely hypothetical/irrelevant thread on this.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:43 PM

hey question. if the pats go 15-0-1, are they still undefeated ? I would say yes, but I think the old dolphins dudes would still pop the champagne for the tie.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
/cue Edge coming in and saying the Colts would never run up the score on any team no matter how insulted they felt.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not Edge, but I'm willing to make "98%" of that claim, in the sense that I'm fairly certain they wouldn't. Just look at the head coaches, large gulf in talent there.

Edit: Also I suppose we have history. Top of my head I'm thinking the Thanksgiving game a year or so ago. Peyton throws for 6 TDs in the first half and then calls runs for the next 30 min (or something close).

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 10-18-2007, 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the point is that various organizations and players cheat. people have admitted it, and insiders have said so.

The Pats were the team that got caught. and for a few weeks this fall various people took this opportunity to act holier than thou and take pot shots at the organization for all kinds of things. Some of these people were cheaters themselves!

and that pissed the team off. the reality is almost certainly that what the Pats were doing was no worse than what lots of other teams were doing. but it is OUR accomplishments that our questioned, nobody elses, b/c we were the team that happened to get caught.

we coach better than you, we run the cap better than you, we collect better players than you, we win 3/4 SB's when everyone said it was impossible, and now you discount our achievements?

[censored] you, welcome to being embarrassed Wade Wilson.

if you think that's a sad justification, ok. but Belichick is a human and takes these insults very personally. if someone questioned everything I accomplished - when various other people were doing the same thing as me - you can bet I would lash back at them however I could.

[/ QUOTE ]

We? When the heck did you join the team?
Old 10-18-2007, 02:17 PM

so running it 6 straight times with ur 5th string RB is running up the score?

also theres nothing wrong with saying we about ur favorite team unless ur favorite team is 5 different teams in the league like some retards out there.
Old 10-18-2007, 02:18 PM

Way to quote a long post to bust out the "we" dis. ooh zing we you ain't on the team amirite? Cuz it's not common for fans to say that at all.
Old 10-18-2007, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Way to quote a long post to bust out the "we" dis. ooh zing we you ain't on the team amirite? Cuz it's not common for fans to say that at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not uncommon for fans to say "we", but that was a little ridiculous. Let's see it again:

"we coach better than you, we run the cap better than you, we collect better players than you, we win 3/4 SB's when everyone said it was impossible, and now you discount our achievements?"

Our achievements? Now that's funny.