Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: BBC or NBC?
BBC- English Version? 128 69.95%
NBC-American Version? 55 30.05%
Voters: 183. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-01-2007, 09:05 PM

Default Re: Leno vs. Letterman

Everyone knows Conan tops them both. But between Leno and Letterman, Letterman by a landslide.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone knows Conan tops them both. But between Leno and Letterman, Letterman by a landslide.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I'm wrong on this, it really shocks me though. It's pretty obvious to me why letterman is winning, but I'd have to bring that to the politics forum.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:38 PM

Please, as if people love Letterman because he's liberal. Ridiculous. They love him because he is funny, Leno is not. Leno is a phoney. I would wager that anyone who likes Leno has a poor sense of humour themselves.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...It's pretty obvious to me why letterman is winning...

[/ QUOTE ]

Because he's funnier? I can't remember the last time Leno has made me laugh. His monologues are brutal and he can't interview. His best bits are headlines and the jaywalking thing, and neither have much to do with him. I don't get the Leno love.
Old 02-01-2007, 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
...It's pretty obvious to me why letterman is winning...

[/ QUOTE ]

Because he's funnier? I can't remember the last time Leno has made me laugh. His monologues are brutal and he can't interview. His best bits are headlines and the jaywalking thing, and neither have much to do with him. I don't get the Leno love.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can see how some people might love Letterman, or prefer Leno, but I really don't understand why people would actively like Leno. "They both suck but Letterman is better" would probably be the clear winner if we had more choices.

Leno is bad at everything, but I don't find him particularly offensive. It's just mind-numbingly dull and lame. Letterman can be lame and dull too, but I feel like there is a least a tiny sliver of edge to him still. I get the Letterman hate when he starts muttering strange phrases all show long and throws pencils at cameras. But, I'd expect there to be some love among a small group of people for the total oddball [censored] Letterman pulls out from time to time.
Old 02-01-2007, 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I'm wrong on this, it really shocks me though. It's pretty obvious to me why letterman is winning, but I'd have to bring that to the politics forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Klompy, don't be dumb. I'm conservative and I think Letterman is about a million times better than Leno. Even though he said harsh things to Bill O'Reilly face-to-face ZOMG!

Leno is lame in many ways. Letterman is like the cool, crazy uncle that throws packaged ham at you.

Politics has about .00001% to do with who is funnier.