Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 01:26 AM

Default Re: Controversy at the Playboy mansion

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this reminds me of the time Annie Duke grabbed someone's cards after the hand was over and looked at them; I don't remember the details but it was on TV and they were playing for real money (the TOC where she won 2 mil maybe)... I was stunned to see a "professional" do something I hadn't seen outside of .01/.02 home games... now I know she's just a [censored] with no honor

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure you aren't thinking of Jennifer Harman sneeking a peek at Phil Laak's cards on PAD?

The amount of libel on this board is amazing. People will write complete rubbish.

[/ QUOTE ]

Annie has done this in televised tournaments. You're right about the libel, but you should save those complaints for cases where the author is actually full of [censored].
Old 05-01-2007, 02:24 AM

Just have Shannon & Annie [censored] you, and call it even
Old 05-01-2007, 02:52 AM

There is a story in "Positively Fifth Street" about Annie Duke at the world series grabbing someone's cards after he threw them in the muck. She looks basically like a huge bitch in the entire book.

There was also an issue about 2 years ago when UB held their first million-dollar guaranteed tourney, and Annie Duke, who was an employee of UB at the time and actually scheduled and planned all the tourneys, commentated the webcast, and yet guess who's account won the whole tourney? Her second one. Couldn't find a link on 2plus2 about it, but here is one:

http://www.thepokerforum.com/forum/ubbth...ite_id/1#import
Old 05-01-2007, 04:28 AM

Just posted a blog on this.

http://news.pokerpages.com/index.php...ew&id=2149

Here's the full text:

In other news there has been some controversy brewing over the end of the poker tournament at the Playboy mansion. I had left shortly before this, but I saw all the set-up. We had to be off the mansion grounds by a set time, and to accomodate this the tournament directors were forced to end the tournament by chip count rather than playing it out. I heard that they did not get a lot of time, but again do not know the details for sure. The player who took third basically could not win by picking up the blinds and antes, so Steve and Shannon simply folded their hands to lock up first and second.

He's not happy about this at all, and is taking aim at everything, including the charity, not just the parties involved - the two other players and the tournament directors. I am not sure when they went to number of hands, but the player who took third is livid. First point: no reason for him to have conflict with anybody other than who was responsible for that final table period.

But wait, here's some more gasoline on the fire! Steve was drunk as a skunk (as were 99% of the people in attendance... but that's besides the point). Annie Duke was sweating him in at the end. I have a great picture of them both in my previous blog, and that is basically what it looked like. Two drunken idiots having a great time while this drunken idiot laughed along and took pictures. The bad news is that Annie was telling Steve that he really should not be playing a hand While drunk Steve protested and said he wanted to at least look at his cards, and she said no way. This is a pretty blatant violation of the "one player to a hand rule".

Maybe Steve was serious about looking at his cards, maybe he was joking because it would sound funny, or maybe he was just there having a great time at the playboy mansion. I still think that it would have been pretty impossible for it to slip beyond his conscious realization that if he folded every hand he would lock up a seat in the main event. The place was a zoo - just look at the pictures! There were at least 50 people within five feet of the felt on that final table. Further, if the guy had a problem with Annie sweating Steve, or suspected foul play, why didn't he say anything Saturday night?!? This just came up recently.

Nothing obviously can be done now as the event has concluded, but lots of damage to many reputations of individuals and orginazations can be done if this is made public without all the facts and circumstances out there.

Just my two cents.

Shortly after writing this, I received this e-mail and thought I should pass it along.

"We are obviously so sorry that Terrence feels he was slighted in any way. I obviously would have prefered that everyone was happy, as we raised even more money this year than last, which was our goal. The kids in inner cities that benefit from this program and the hundreds of lives being saved in Africa as a direct result of people donating and attending this event I'm sure are more than thankful for everyone's support. I am more than happy to refund Terrence's monies that he paid to attend the event if he feel he was wronged in any way by winning a $15,000 prize. I cannot in good conscience split up a prize after the event when Steve and Shannon won, and I believe one of them is going to re-donate the prize back in order to benefit the Urban Health Institute." - Joy Miller, Urban Health Institute Tournament Consultant

Any questions, concerns, or interest in where the monies raised for the 501C3 non-profit organization go can be directed to Joy Miller at joyjoy712003@yahoo.com

Devo
Old 05-01-2007, 04:29 AM

I played next to annie duke once and she smelled real bad. Her body odor was the most pungent I've ever noticed from a woman who didn't weigh 500+lbs, and her breath was truly whoreanous. Obviously she was talking non-stop as usual, after about 10min I went to the gift shop and bought pack of breath mints, when I offered them to her the table erupted in laughter, she stopped talking, donked off $4k and bounced.
Old 05-01-2007, 06:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I played next to annie duke once and she smelled real bad. Her body odor was the most pungent I've ever noticed from a woman who didn't weigh 500+lbs, and her breath was truly whoreanous. Obviously she was talking non-stop as usual, after about 10min I went to the gift shop and bought pack of breath mints, when I offered them to her the table erupted in laughter, she stopped talking, donked off $4k and bounced.

[/ QUOTE ]

nice one
Old 05-01-2007, 06:33 AM

WOW... i would have fn lost it... i dont care if it was for charity or what ever... i cant stand this sh**... from what ive heard of shannon elizabeth and seen first hand.. she is top rate scum bag skank...
Old 05-01-2007, 06:42 AM

It gets worse. The latest on Terrence's blog is that the solution to the problem they have come up with is to return his buy-in to him. If you read the comments by Joy Miller to his blog, she doesn't represent herself very well. My favorite line of hers is "Remember one thing, Terrence, you're not Johnny Chan, you're Terrence Chan." I guess if he was Johnny Chan they would have done something different?

I don't see why a charity should shell out an additional 10k to pay him off and I was pretty sympathetic to the idea that one should hold a charity event to a different standard, but Ms. Miller is changing my mind.
Old 05-01-2007, 06:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
They hired people VERY qualified people (WSOP staff) to run the event."

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
My favorite line of hers is "Remember one thing, Terrence, you're not Johnny Chan, you're Terrence Chan."

[/ QUOTE ]

Put these two together and it's extremely worrying.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:29 AM

I can't seem to edit my post for some reason, but on looking at the comments in Terrence's blog it _looks like_ Joy Miller is not directly part of the WSOP floor staff. I certainly hope not.
Closed Thread