Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2007, 12:06 PM

Default Re: My Neighbors have Stolen my Cat.

[ QUOTE ]
How long have you lived in Italy? I don't know why but I was under the impression it was not long enough to have acquired an ex-girlfriend.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eight years. Was together with her for four years. I ended it a year and a half ago. She came around for coffee this morning because she needed a hug. I gave her a hug. She was happy.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Get another cat. That will make the first cat jealous.

[/ QUOTE ]

My ex-girlfriend has a little white kitten that has turned up on her doorstep. She came around today to offer it to me. I haven't seen it yet. The problem here is that if this plan succeeded I would then have two cats. I don't want two cats. A single guy with two cats just screams ..... well I don't know what it screams but it screams something.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought they would then engage in a fight to the death and we could bet on it.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:49 PM

BTW, easy and neighborship-enhancing solution is buying the sisters a new dog.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My ex-girlfriend has a little white kitten that has turned up on her doorstep. She came around today to offer it to me. I haven't seen it yet. The problem here is that if this plan succeeded I would then have two cats. I don't want two cats. A single guy with two cats just screams ..... well I don't know what it screams but it screams something.

[/ QUOTE ]

A HA! So you admit the poor old spinsters have not, in fact, stolen your cat. For if they had indeed stolen your cat, acquiring a new cat would leave you with one cat, and not two.

The defense rests.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:08 PM

"I haven't seen him for three days now, sigh."

"Hey. Have you seen my cat? I miss him."

I fail to see why this is so hard.
Get your cat back already.
Now that they have more of an attachment to it they will probably make you more cakes just to get a little bit of time with it.

Is it appropriate to walk into their place after knocking on their door?
If so then you can ask if they've seen your cat. They admit that he's sleeping in the back. You just take this as an invitation walk right in and go get the cat.
"Oh...there you are. I've been looking everywhere for you. Wow Scratches, you sure are living the life with all these nice people feeding you."
Then pick up the cat, thank the neighbors for watching after him, and leave.

My former cat, the one in the avatar, would walk from house to house, apartment to apartment, let everyone pet her, and then eventually make her way back to my place.
She was pretty damn social.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:08 PM

I will send you a cat. It may get a little hungry on the trip over, but I sure it will appreciate you feeding it when you finally get it. I could save on postage if I sent a really skinny kitty, though.

Perhaps I could freeze dry a cat and then you could just re-hydrate it.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A HA! So you admit the poor old spinsters have not, in fact, stolen your cat. For if they had indeed stolen your cat, acquiring a new cat would leave you with one cat, and not two.

The defense rests.

[/ QUOTE ]

The plan was that the second cat would make the first cat jealous, thus attracting him back but leaving me with the unwanted outcome of having two cats. Is this so hard? Why do I feel that I'm in some kind of nightmare here? I'm going to go and try and wake myself up.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A single guy with two cats just screams ..... well I don't know what it screams but it screams something.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have two cats, so F U. Besides, the second one keeps the first one company and helps make things less intensely boring, and takes some burden off of me to play with it a lot since they have each other.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A single guy with two cats just screams ..... well I don't know what it screams but it screams something.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have two cats, so F U. Besides, the second one keeps the first one company and helps make things less intensely boring, and takes some burden off of me to play with it a lot since they have each other.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not single. Or has she discovered your collection of Puff the Magic Dragon collecter cards?
Old 08-30-2007, 01:28 PM

Have you asked the ninja what you should do?

I'm sure he'll have an answer and, being a foreigner also, plus given the fact that your opponents are two geriatric ladies, he might be willing to come out of retirement to help.