Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 11:00 PM

Default Re: WCOOP main event sensation - winner under investigation

[ QUOTE ]
i remember a thread not too long ago about a conversation ADZizzle or w/e had with some fan of his where ADZizzle said he was ADZ124's other sn. Didn't read the conclusion to that thread and don't know if it ever contradicted to that being true; but if it was true, i know for a fact that ADZizzle and ADZ124 both played in the WCOOP ME.

[/ QUOTE ]

i believe ADZizzle and adz124's are brothers but ADZ124 used his brothers account to chat cos his chat got banned. He probably plays on it occasionally.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:07 PM

i'm not understanding how the fact that she's never played before is going to prove anything.
so what, half the players in that field played like [censored] donkeys that have never played before. so what?

i thought p2k was one of, if not the best player in those 25/50 games, and if it's not even him playing in those games (if you're not being sarcastic clayton) then who is it?
Old 10-02-2007, 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why couldnt he just get his sister to call them and be like yeah i was playing blah blah blah.

I dont see how they can prove it wasnt actually his sister?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is much like the Exclusive/El Capitano incident, except there is one account with zero history of play.
I would think an investigation on when the account was made and how funded reveals much more than we can know at this point.

If one can simply make multiple accounts and play them by having said person at their house at the time the genie is way the hell out of the bottle on this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stars - Why was the account created right before the event, and this was the first event played

Him - I have some extra money this year from playing and i thought i would be a fun thing to let my sister play. She has never played online but plays alot live and really enjoys poker

Stars - Why did the money for the tournmant come from a transfer from you

him - As i said i gave her the money to play as a gift

I dont know, i judt dont see how they can actually PROVE it wasnt her. Enless he was stupid and didnt tell her and they called her and she was like uhh i won what?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's really pretty easy when you have the information that stars has. I could nail someone 99% of the time.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Talk about ruining for yourself.. If this is true then there's really no doubt, WCOOP Main Event was the first tournament thev0id ever played on PokerStars

[/ QUOTE ]

while this probably true, it makes it less likely they can do anything about it.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
UMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, use your brain cells people. It sounds like he used two comps. If he isn't an idiot, have someone say they played on that account. Nothing Stars can do about it. THREAD OVER

[/ QUOTE ]

Stars can do anything it wants to do.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:30 PM

This thread is very interesting, especially in light of a recent informal investigation I conducted about multiple accounts after reading Lee Jones's latest article in Card Player, "Killing the Goose That Lays the Golden Egg."

In the article, Lee states that "...other violations, such as playing multiple accounts in a single tournament, are more difficult to detect."

That got me wondering. For some time now, I've wondered if two players knew each other after one of them donked off his or her chips to the other player's all-in push. (I mean a real donk-off like calling a huge push with J3o.)

So, how many of the top 10 online players have multiple accounts? Well, I fired up FTP and started checking the user names from the Card Player online player database. It's easy to do. The names are right there in full print, so I just cut and pasted them into the FTP player search. The search tells me if I've entered a name that is not an account.

You're shocked about this present investigation? Well, hold on to your shirt. It might be some kind of impossible coincidence, but six of the top ten players in the player database have multiple screen names (accounts) on FTP.

Now, as I mentioned to FTP support, the multiple screen names for one user might be some odd coincidence or some other player's nod to greatness, but wouldn't these players ask FTP to remove their Bodog or PS screen names? Or, at least, wouldn't they tell Card Player that their PS screen name is copied on FTP? I've never seen the multiple screen names playing at the same time, but then again, I don't check everyday either (and, I haven't heard back from FTP, except for the "we take this serious" boilerplate).

And to those who think that multiple accounts are only going on at the high-end: please. The next time you see someone donk off their chips to another player's all-in, remind yourself that every top player started somewhere.

I guess the cat is out of the hat now. There is no one-person-one-hand rule online. It simply doesn't exist.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:36 PM

Wow, its amazing how far this thread runs. People just jump into the mob rational. Please click back to the first page and read the OP. This is where this started. This is all the information this is based on. This is "Facts" that this thread sits on. This is what we are spending 7 pages discussing?????
Old 10-02-2007, 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm not understanding how the fact that she's never played before is going to prove anything.
so what, half the players in that field played like [censored] donkeys that have never played before. so what?

i thought p2k was one of, if not the best player in those 25/50 games, and if it's not even him playing in those games (if you're not being sarcastic clayton) then who is it?

[/ QUOTE ]

also, if he's caught multi-accounting, is that considered cheating? so if it's proven that he cheated, could he face consequences from other sites as well for being a cheater (FTP?) or can he only be punished on the specific site he cheated on?
Old 10-02-2007, 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, its amazing how far this thread runs. People just jump into the mob rational. Please click back to the first page and read the OP. This is where this started. This is all the information this is based on. This is "Facts" that this thread sits on. This is what we are spending 7 pages discussing?????

[/ QUOTE ]

RioGossiper is a pretty legit poster, I wouldnt have cared until he came into thread
Old 10-02-2007, 11:40 PM

WoodenGems: You dont have copyright on a username and there's a lot of fanboys using the username.. And when you donk off your chips as a part of colluding, you bluff allin and make a hard decision and finally calls with a flopped pair.. You dont have to make it look stupid like your example

What Lee Jones is saying is that it's hard to detect multiple accounts (as long as they dont share IP), but once you know the usernames (like in this case) it should be fairly easy.
Closed Thread