Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 12:16 PM

Default Re: My life is over.

Maybe I just can't understand this, coming from Europe, but I'd never support a woman who just sits home without working.

Man, if you want to pay for sex, there is the other kind of professionals that don't live in your home when not having sex.
Old 11-25-2006, 09:11 PM

Here's one thing that hasn't been mentioned. Give her some poker lessons, teach her how to become a winning player. Make her do it. If it works, hey now you got two incomes!!!
Old 11-26-2006, 05:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's one thing that hasn't been mentioned. Give her some poker lessons, teach her how to become a winning player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Give her a freakin chart and have her play low limit SNG. If nothing else she will totally understand your frustration and how you need the rest of your life to be calm and tranquil.
Old 11-26-2006, 05:45 AM

Why on earth would a 52 yo invite someone to live with him? I have patience with the kids here, but you? Come on, man. You're old enough to know better.

Let her quit her job? Can you say palimony?
Throw her out now.
Old 11-26-2006, 12:14 PM

I'm sure I'll get flamed, but here goes:

I have empathy for your situation, but almost zero sympathy. Certain truths are self-evident, to wit:

1) You have every right to be happy and live your life under the conditions you choose. If your spouse/GF is not on board, find another one.

2) You are the enabler here. If, after many talks, you have not driven your point home, you are not doing a very effective job of communicating, as she is not listening.

You left a note, jetted for a week, and returned home to find her still there? Not only that, you mention that everything was "normal" after you returned. Normal people don't leave a note for their significant others before leaving town. They sit down and talk first or something.

You sound like a nice guy --- too nice. Since you haven't figured out a way to lock yourself in a room while you play so that you won't be disturbed, try this:

Sit her down and say, "Honey, I have tried to be nice to you regarding my feelings about playing cards and the concentration level I require to play successfully. For whatever reason, I don't seeem to be getting through to you, so here's what I'm going to do.....the next time I sit down to play and you interrupt me, I am going to get up and place you outside. I have changed the locks, so you will not be able to get back inside until I am done playing for the day. I don't want to take this extreme action, but you aren't leaving me with any other options, so please STFU while I'm playing."

You might also try to incorporate a little BDSM into your relationship. I envision something like this:

- First, rent "The Secretary" and have her watch it. Tell her you want to introduce a similar dynamic into your relationship.

- Next, tie her up, put a ball gag in her mouth, and make her sit next to you while you play. After the session, untie her legs and hit it hard. Repeat as necessary.

- An alternative to the above: Tell her you are introducing a new communication method. Everytime she interrupts and you lose a hand, she will receive a spanking. The number of spanks will be determined by your loss, not including cents.

Disregard any of the above advice if it violates any local, state, or federal laws.
Old 11-26-2006, 02:47 PM

MOVE UP WHERE THEY RESPEK YOUR RAISES
Old 11-26-2006, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
MOVE UP WHERE THEY RESPECT YOUR WORD

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 11-27-2006, 06:51 AM

why is the op avoiding the question of what limits he was playing during his 10 year pro career? there is something fishy about this post. his girlfriend interupts him every 5 minutes? how does this happen? does she poke her head in the room every five minutes? this just doesn't sound like we are getting a legit story here.
Old 11-27-2006, 07:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why is the op avoiding the question of what limits he was playing during his 10 year pro career? there is something fishy about this post. his girlfriend interupts him every 5 minutes? how does this happen? does she poke her head in the room every five minutes? this just doesn't sound like we are getting a legit story here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Duh, you think?
Old 11-30-2006, 05:26 PM

Oh, that is funny. I'm the Nazi because the OP doesn't have the yarbles to do what needs to be done, which is evict the parasite and move on with his life? I notice that you weren't able to answer my question. Again, I ask, what job do you suggest that a fortysomething woman, with no skills, get that will pay food, board, travel, and pretty much anything she wants without lifting a finger? She can't get a better job than what she already has -- the job of psychologically dominating this wimp who won't stand up for himself.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How about getting a full time job to support herself?

[/ QUOTE ]

She's done that. Her full-time job is catching a man. Sad to say it, but for an unskilled woman in her forties, what other job do you suggest that she can get that would pay anywhere near as well?

[/ QUOTE ]

if all youre going to do is spew your feminist-nazi [censored], then fk off.

[/ QUOTE ]
Closed Thread