Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 03:42 AM

Default Re: N 82\'s IP finding for AP situation

I cannot remember who wrote the post or in exactly what thread- but if you want a business model or timeline of activities within a business in which you would most likely expect something like this to happen it's at a site like Absolute.
That isn't "proof" alone, but is reason enough to at least look at the "proof" we have without saying "how do we know it's actually real" at every step.

The most likely scenario is that a rogue person/s who have been insiders at Absolute at some point are behind this.
The fact that the larger circle at Absolute probably has no clue about it is no excuse for their replies to things that were very apparent to a large majority of thinking people who took a deeper look at them.

It could be a case of the fox guarding the henhouse.
It could be a case of the chicken farmer having no clue there was a hidden key to the henhouse that a fox knew how to use.

So it's either gross incompetence AND some criminals, or just some criminals.

Take your pick.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I cannot remember who wrote the post or in exactly what thread- but if you want a business model or timeline of activities within a business in which you would most likely expect something like this to happen it's at a site like Absolute.
That isn't "proof" alone, but is reason enough to at least look at the "proof" we have without saying "how do we know it's actually real" at every step.

The most likely scenario is that a rogue person/s who have been insiders at Absolute at some point are behind this.
The fact that the larger circle at Absolute probably has no clue about it is no excuse for their replies to things that were very apparent to a large majority of thinking people who took a deeper look at them.

It could be a case of the fox guarding the henhouse.
It could be a case of the chicken farmer having no clue there was a hidden key to the henhouse that a fox knew how to use.

So it's either gross incompetence AND some criminals, or just some criminals.

Take your pick.

[/ QUOTE ]

well said, i find that i agree with like almost everything you say
Old 10-17-2007, 04:04 AM

I stopped reading about this absolute thing about a month ago. but just wow at this whole thing.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So, if it is common sense and anyone with half a brain can figure out that playing ~90/~70 with infinite aggression factors is a blatant way to get caught, why would the cheaters play this way? Is Scott Tom really so dumb and arrogant as to play the accounts from his own ip address??? I don't know him well enough to answer this question, but it is clear that a large focus point of the investigation on this scandal needs to be, "Cui bono?" or "Who benefits?"(to borrow a line from the Departed). I am saying that a lot of 'coincidences' took place for this scandal to blow wide open. The absurd play, the e-mailed HH, the ip addresses which traced pretty much directly to the CEO of the co., etc... It is certainly not out of the realm of possibilities that all of this is a setup to frame Scott Tom et. al. In my experience, when this much money is at stake, there is no such thing as coincidences.

[/ QUOTE ]
History is littered with criminals who came up with ingenious ways to cheat or steal, and then came up with the most brain dead mistakes to get caught. There is simply no reason to believe this affair is any different. As for the excel file containing evidence against Scott Tom specifically, you have to ask yourself was this simply another AP support blunder, an "I, robot" style breadcrumb, or a "Sherlock Holmes" style red herring.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:55 AM

The story is in the NY Times today.

http://freakonomics.blogs.nytimes.com/20...lown-wide-open/
Old 10-17-2007, 11:56 AM

Is it plausible that they could be trying to go bankrupt? I was rorted a few years ago by an online DVD store called DVDsoon that stole $500 off me and much more off many other people before filing for bankruptcy. I don't understand these things, so maybe the situations are different, but the cavalier attitude of the cheaters at AP seems extraordinary to say the least. Could there be anything to gain if they were to file for bankruptcy?
Old 10-17-2007, 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it plausible that they could be trying to go bankrupt? I was rorted a few years ago by an online DVD store called DVDsoon that stole $500 off me and much more off many other people before filing for bankruptcy. I don't understand these things, so maybe the situations are different, but the cavalier attitude of the cheaters at AP seems extraordinary to say the least. Could there be anything to gain if they were to file for bankruptcy?

[/ QUOTE ]
Somewhat like the way AP offered interest on accounts in attempt to attract some large-balance players before the [censored] hits the fan... iiiiiinteresting.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:49 PM

The BBV threads on this are so much better, and there's no real need for dublication.
Closed Thread