Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2007, 05:46 PM

Default Re: Some Stuff About PUA (very long)

Cardo,

"All my life complete strangers have randomly come up to me on campus, at parties, in various organizations, etc. to tell me that I don't know them but that they've heard of me and that they wanted to meet me because I rule. So forth."

This seems somewhat incongruent with what you've written in this and other threads about your life and relationships.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cardo,

"All my life complete strangers have randomly come up to me on campus, at parties, in various organizations, etc. to tell me that I don't know them but that they've heard of me and that they wanted to meet me because I rule. So forth."

This seems somewhat incongruent with what you've written in this and other threads about your life and relationships.

[/ QUOTE ]

And from what people who've met you in real life have said (although nobody from GA fwiw), which tends to be that you're even odder in person.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
anacardo,

one thing i noticed is that you do something pretty much every movie in Hollywood does which is that you look at girls as being helpless to the PUA alpha male and unresponsible for her actions.

typical Hollywood movie: hero likes a really special girl who is getting boned by a jerk. if she is so special, then why is she so helpless to the jerk? shouldn't she see right through him and know that Hero is the better catch?

have you considered that American women love drama and crave it more then happiness?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is in fact my tendency, and it's something I've lost a lot of in recent years. "Why do they fall for this?" Partial answer - because they're stupid / weak / [censored] up. Additional partial answer - because that dude's doing a lot of things right. The task is to separate out what's morally heinous from what isn't.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, I was thinking about this scenario. Some very attractive, very funny, very rich guy cheats on his wife. If she has any self respect for herself, she is supposed to dump him. The other girl is thinking "Yes, dump him so I can have him bitch" But from her perspective, she thinks "Why should I give him up? Why should I let her have him?"

I think that is hard for people with your perspective to swallow, but you have to start facing reality at somepoint.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, there's a big difference between some Tyler Durden seminar (gross and manipulative) and this: (Insightful and Frightenly Amoral )

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you elaborate on what you mean here?

Also I want to read that book - good idea?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that book is cool. Not sure I believe it, but well written.

I just mean that some PUA stuff is silly psychobabble and standard manipulation that is being sold to rich losers for a big profit. Some is philosphically interesting and/or spiritually effective. Most people lump it all in together and its as unhelpful as saying "All postmodernists are blahblahblah" or "All poker coaches are etc etc".

--GA

PS: another thing that's too often missed out on in these discussions is that PUA is much less important if you are handsome. Snagglepuss case-in-point. Perhaps OP is just too sexy for his beard/coonskin cap and thats why he thinks he's got no need for coaching.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:53 PM

basically the gist of this whole thing is you don't want to be a man. A man is aggressive and masculine. A man approaches a woman and doesn't wait around for one to magically fall in his lap. Women like men.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PUA can help you keep a girl interested

[/ QUOTE ]

(this isn't directed at just you Traz, you happened to write it though [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ) Lines like this is what I don't understand about the PUA pov. If a girl's not interested in me, since we, as flawed human beings, tend to hold onto or first impressions, how is using something from the PUA toolbox going to change her mind in a positive manner long term? Doesn't she have a right (for a lack of a better term) to not be interested? Maybe this is a problem I need to deal with about myself, but I cannot be interested in somebody who isn't genuinely interested in me as well.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Partial answer - because they're stupid / weak / [censored] up. Additional partial answer - because that dude's doing a lot of things right. The task is to separate out what's morally heinous from what isn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Has it ever occured to you these women react very strong to their most basic instincts when falling for a guy like that?
So, the product of gazillions of years of evolution. Yet you argue with what is an obvious fact? It is easy to say their stupid and weak. If you stick to this explanation, and be done with it (stick to what you have learned until now), you will never ever grasp what is really going on there.

Learn how life really works, as opposed to what society teaches you as being the norm. Use your brain, read, learn, think. You should really try it, might be good for your personal growth.

Crazy as it may sound to you, but one of the main reasons I started studying this stuff is exactly because I do NOT want to be a d*ck to women, abusing them physically and so on. It is so not me. Yet I did want respect. And I have it now. Thanks to what I learned.

I repeat, if you do not fully understand what it is all about, why go out of your way to judge it?
Old 08-08-2007, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cardo,

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, they're both true. I create very bad impressions and very good ones, and not much in between.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
PUA can help you keep a girl interested

[/ QUOTE ]

(this isn't directed at just you Traz, you happened to write it though [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ) Lines like this is what I don't understand about the PUA pov. If a girl's not interested in me, since we, as flawed human beings, tend to hold onto or first impressions, how is using something from the PUA toolbox going to change her mind in a positive manner long term? Doesn't she have a right (for a lack of a better term) to not be interested? Maybe this is a problem I need to deal with about myself, but I cannot be interested in somebody who isn't genuinely interested in me as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are things men can do which cause interest/attraction to drop. There are things men can do which cause interest/attraction to increase.

PUA stuff can help you do the things which cause interest/attraction to increase, and to avoid doing things which cause interest/attraction to drop.

This isn't tricking a girl into staying with you, or any silly notion like that. It's simply being a person that she will want to be with for a long period of time. PUA can help you become that person.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think i read about half of it. Anyone beat that?

[/ QUOTE ]
I stopped when I got to this:

[ QUOTE ]
I have never had a real relationship of any mutual emotional significance. To the former I am fairly indifferent, but the latter bothers me a great deal. Insofar as I do not have what I want, and have no reason to believe that it is on the horizon, I must consider myself a failure in this regard.

[/ QUOTE ]
lol. Absurd on many levels. The concluding paragraphs must have some gems in them too. I am tagging in someone else to finish reading though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cardo I want cliff notes plz.

Hi tpir =)