Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2007, 02:56 AM

Default Re: 200NL - 2 Really Sick River Decisions

[ QUOTE ]
In real life I folded H1

I'm not a predictable clown who posts every showdown he loses.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lean to a fold in hand 1 and am annoyed but relatively confident, in hand 2 I don't think I could fold.

So you're an unpredictable clown? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2007, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That is true, the raise does look stronger, but it would still look much stronger if you bet the turn. Depending on your image I think that he can consider this an attempt to take the pot down on what could be a bad card.

[/ QUOTE ]

alright now we're getting somehwere [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] . i agree he may see this as a bluff, but the type of player in this hand, while he may decide to call w/ a worse hand very often, is not the type of player to make a sick 3-bet river bluff here with air especially not laying those odds.

[/ QUOTE ]

what if he doesn't have a pair? Then he can shove right? Say he missed his straight draw and bluffs the river and sees your raise as weak. I don't think you can just say a 12/6/1 never bluffs like this because I've seen it done by treysfull and he runs pretty nitty.

[/ QUOTE ]

People don't bluff with no fold equity. Especially nits.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So you're an unpredictable clown? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
indeed
Old 10-26-2007, 01:37 PM

I'm going to stop repeating myself after this, but I think everybody is underestimating how infrequently Villain needs to shove TT-QQ for a call to be right, which is one of the reasons I rarely like raise/folding when I've given myself 3 to 1 odds.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That is true, the raise does look stronger, but it would still look much stronger if you bet the turn. Depending on your image I think that he can consider this an attempt to take the pot down on what could be a bad card.

[/ QUOTE ]

alright now we're getting somehwere [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] . i agree he may see this as a bluff, but the type of player in this hand, while he may decide to call w/ a worse hand very often, is not the type of player to make a sick 3-bet river bluff here with air especially not laying those odds.

[/ QUOTE ]

what if he doesn't have a pair? Then he can shove right? Say he missed his straight draw and bluffs the river and sees your raise as weak. I don't think you can just say a 12/6/1 never bluffs like this because I've seen it done by treysfull and he runs pretty nitty.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

but he has FE. I don't see what you're saying here. You folded the 4th nuts and he never has AA so third nuts. How does this translate to no FE. I really disagree with this statement. Some people don't know when to give up.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

but he has FE. I don't see what you're saying here. You folded the 4th nuts and he never has AA so third nuts. How does this translate to no FE. I really disagree with this statement. Some people don't know when to give up.

[/ QUOTE ]

So he assumes I am folding KK, let alone anything?
Old 10-26-2007, 03:03 PM

You're dead wrong here if you think he EVER takes this line as a bluff.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are thinking way too much in terms of absolutes. If he bluffs here like 5% of the time and value bets 95% of the time then it still matters. Especially because he could be vbetting worse 15% of that time.

I know some people that I would try to push off of at least JJ+ with this line. You're saying thats suicide? Assume they are good players obviously.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are thinking way too much in terms of absolutes. If he bluffs here like 5% of the time and value bets 95% of the time then it still matters. Especially because he could be vbetting worse 15% of that time.

I know some people that I would try to push off of at least JJ+ with this line. You're saying thats suicide? Assume they are good players obviously.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes its suicide. In fact, its closer to spew taking villains line with a bluff w/ the intention of having good players fold the top of their range.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:49 PM

ASPoker8, I'm interested what your opinion of villian is (other than stats), and what his veiw would be of you.
I find it hard to belive that someone with that Agg factor would make this move as a bluff, but I suppose it could be possible if you had a history of taking potts away from him.

If he's a decent player and there's no specific history, I can't see him 3 betting anything we beat here.