Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which avatar to use...
They both suck get a new one 11 44.00%
South Park 10 40.00%
Eric Molina 4 16.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-07-2007, 09:13 PM

Default Re: Cigar Thread

Guys check this out... seems too good to be true. Unfortunately they don't ship to EU, so I can't try it myself [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] The prices seem fantastic, and the webpage is serious enough not to seem sketchy.

http://www.puroexpress.com/
Old 03-08-2007, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Guys check this out... seems too good to be true. Unfortunately they don't ship to EU, so I can't try it myself [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] The prices seem fantastic, and the webpage is serious enough not to seem sketchy.

http://www.puroexpress.com/

[/ QUOTE ]

What exactly about that seems too good to be true?

They've got Sancho Panzas on there selling for upwards of $8-17/stick, even if you buy them by the box. I think I can get most of those around here for 1/3 to 1/2 that price.

I'm not too up on the pricing for most cubans, and I definitely don't know crap about Euro prices for them, but every price on this site seems to be ridiculously high.

On a second look, the prices on the Punch and Cohiba don't look all that bad... but still, not much of a "deal" to get excited about. You can find better prices at most of the online dealers.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:39 PM

Try http://www.coh-hk.com for Cubans.

I think the prices are good.

I have never ordered from them, but I have heard they are very reliable from people I know irl.

C-Dog
Old 03-08-2007, 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Try http://www.coh-hk.com for Cubans.

I think the prices are good.

I have never ordered from them, but I have heard they are very reliable from people I know irl.

C-Dog

[/ QUOTE ]

vnh sir, I'm gonna try them out. Also, if anybody knows a cigar shop where I could get Onyx Reserve shipped to Europe, plz holla.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, if anybody knows a cigar shop where I could get Onyx Reserve shipped to Europe, plz holla.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cigar.com

Have to call their 800 number to verify they ship to your specific country, but they don't say anything about not shipping to Europe.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:10 AM

I need to buy a box of cigars as a gift for someone who likes cigars, but only smokes them occasionally (i.e., he is not the connaisseur that some of you are). It's last minute, so I can't buy online. I'm looking for something that's $50-$75 a box and would be available at most B&M stores. Any suggestions? Is this price range too low to get anything good?
Old 03-09-2007, 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I need to buy a box of cigars as a gift for someone who likes cigars, but only smokes them occasionally (i.e., he is not the connaisseur that some of you are). It's last minute, so I can't buy online. I'm looking for something that's $50-$75 a box and would be available at most B&M stores. Any suggestions? Is this price range too low to get anything good?

[/ QUOTE ]

La Vieja Habana... about $35-40/box online, probably around $50-60 in a B&M.

Any of the wrappers are good (or so I've heard), although the Corojo are the easiest to find.

The Chateau Coronas look extra fancy, with the cedar wraps on them. Definitely don't look (or smoke) like $2/stick cigars.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:14 PM

Anyone have experiences with the Flavored Cigars?

ACID
CAO Flavors
or others I can't think of.

I have only really tried the CAO Moontrance, but I really liked it, and I think I am going to buy a box of each flavor they have, 6 in total. I may just buy the 6 flavor sampler and a box of Moontrance's first though.

C-Dog
Old 03-10-2007, 12:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

La Vieja Habana... about $35-40/box online, probably around $50-60 in a B&M.

Any of the wrappers are good (or so I've heard), although the Corojo are the easiest to find.

The Chateau Coronas look extra fancy, with the cedar wraps on them. Definitely don't look (or smoke) like $2/stick cigars.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the rec. I called two nearby cigar shops and neither had these. Any other ideas?
Old 03-10-2007, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dont ever light your cigar with normal matches, only wooden ones.

[/ QUOTE ]
Total cigar noob here. I don't understand why what you use to light a cigar matters so much. Wouldn't whatever flavor is imparted by the propane lighter/matches dissipate in a few puffs?