Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2007, 02:40 PM

Default Re: Why Scotty?

[ QUOTE ]
his exit interview made me like him aprox 100x more.

shame he busto'd. i'll be cheering in the future

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, he seems like a nice guy and is still the same guy, "I blew it baby." gotta love him.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:51 PM

This is what happens when you put so much alcohol in your system. Would the same have happened if Scotty had a clear mind and not have had 12 micholob lights the day before?? (estimating amount of drinks he had of course)
Old 07-17-2007, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

2.) It wasn't a blank turn, so that's irrelevant.

3.) As played, the turn c/r is simply a bad play. Better hands will call, worse hands will fold, on a board with few realistic draws. He should c/c, play for showdown, then when Villain pushes the river (which he will in this case) he has a decision to make. We can only hope he would have gotten away from the hand, but who knows, maybe it didn't matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well the point is the turn didn't change much, besides putting KQ into play. If you want to say that the villian can have other hands with a King, then logically his range is large and checkraising would have been clearly profitable (although not as profitable as c/c). So to call Scotty's play a gaffe, you must conclude the King changed little.

Now we have the decision to c/r instead of c/c. I think that you're right on this, but maybe it's not a huge mistake. Yes, he won't fold a better hand. But he prevents a draw to a 2-outer FWIW, and a better hand is getting most of that money in regardless, no?
Old 07-17-2007, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

3.) As played, the turn c/r is simply a bad play. Better hands will call, worse hands will fold, on a board with few realistic draws. He should c/c, play for showdown, then when Villain pushes the river (which he will in this case) he has a decision to make. We can only hope he would have gotten away from the hand, but who knows, maybe it didn't matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well the point is the turn didn't change much, besides putting KQ into play. If you want to say that the villian can have other hands with a King, then logically his range is large and checkraising would have been clearly profitable (although not as profitable as c/c). So to call Scotty's play a gaffe, you must conclude the King changed little.

Now we have the decision to c/r instead of c/c. I think that you're right on this, but maybe it's not a huge mistake. Yes, he won't fold a better hand. But he prevents a draw to a 2-outer FWIW, and a better hand is getting most of that money in regardless, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

The King could have hit Scotty, for all his opponent knows. If Villain continues to play fast, betting the turn and river, that's important information for Scotty that Villain isn't overly concerned about the K and Q on the board.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The King could have hit Scotty, for all his opponent knows. If Villain continues to play fast, betting the turn and river, that's important information for Scotty that Villain isn't overly concerned about the K and Q on the board.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure what this means. Are you saying with this important information he could find a fold? But then something is wrong because villain can duplicate this strategy with any two and bluff his way to fame and fortune.

Ugh, never mind, he has to count the scary turn cards on the flop.

Anyway, thanks for the insight. Tournaments make my head spin, I'll stick with min-bet.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:37 PM

Every time I get deep in a tournament with a few notable exceptions I go out like Scotty. I toe-tall-lee understand what happened here. I just wanted to say its cool to open this thread and see people being so supportive and kind about a true journeyman who probably gets mocked a lot for what has always struck me as a very enjoyable personality for largely racist reasons. Not a big TV poker fan but I like this guy.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If he made final 10 maybe it would have worked,how tight the others were playing on tv bubble

[/ QUOTE ]

uknowns and amateurs don't want to look stupid on TV...if he folds his way to the FT, he can start bullying and picking up lots of chips when ESPN turns the cameras on