Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2007, 10:03 AM

Default Re: Tim Hardaway: \"I hate gay people.\"

The only thing wrong with this is he said it in a media crazed world. People are entitled to opinions, regardless what they are or who they offend. It's something that he feels strongly about, and let it be known. This is getting blown so far out of proportion. It's not like the guy on Friday night after Heat games went out on South Beach for some good ole gaybashing. In today's american society, everything has to be said in a way kosher with the PC police. It's ridiculous.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:16 AM

Please start more threads like this so I can identify all the gays and not catch gay-cybercooties by posting in their threads.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Please start more threads like this so I can identify all the gays and not catch gay-cybercooties by posting in their threads.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stroke it, big man!
Old 02-15-2007, 10:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The only thing wrong with this is he said it in a media crazed world. People are entitled to opinions, regardless what they are or who they offend. It's something that he feels strongly about, and let it be known. This is getting blown so far out of proportion. It's not like the guy on Friday night after Heat games went out on South Beach for some good ole gaybashing. In today's american society, everything has to be said in a way kosher with the PC police. It's ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

you seem like a very smart, reasonable, logical, thoughtful individual. you would be a good teacher or maybe politician or judge.
Old 02-15-2007, 11:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And civilization is free to say that he is an idiot, to laugh at him, to insult him, to distance themselves from him, to hold him up to public ridicule, to lose respect for him for judging people on something completely irrelevant, to feel that his views are reprehensible, yada yada yada.

In other words, your post is pointless.
Old 02-15-2007, 11:22 AM

He has a right to his opinion but openly and publicly saying you "hate {x group of people}" in this day and age isn't very smart.

His apology is stupid.
Old 02-15-2007, 11:37 AM

You are correct. I lost some respect for him as a person when he said this. He was one of my favorite basketball players growing up. Run TMC with Golden State back in the day. It's a different era that we live in due to media and the PC. Before the sports media boom, this would have barely made it outside of Florida. Everyone is entitled to think of Hardaway as they will - doesn't change that he was a solid NBA player. Just like being gay doesn't change the fact that Amechi was a mediocre NBA player.

But anyone who tries to think that views like this don't exist or are extremely uncommon is just a fool. There will always be people who hate someone based on their skin, sexual preference, nationality, whatever. At least you know where he stands instead of the Lebron answer -- I don't think I could trust a teammate if he came out and said he was gay because the locker room is about trust. -- Biggest BS ever. Hardly anyone says what they really feel if it's outside of society's accepted norm. It's all about trying to seem nice/sincere instead of being honest. It's the day and age we live in.

His apology was simply I shouldn't have said it in public - unless there was a new one. He at least didn't backpeddle like most other people would do given his situation.

And what does it really matter if Tim Hardaway hates gay people? Did the world change because of it? No, people just got some quotes, it'll be a late night joke for a week or so. Then it will be gone. Only one really truly hurt by the statement is Hardaway himself.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:24 PM

All those blacks are so homophobic. Why can't they be non-judgmental like me?
Old 02-15-2007, 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I mean, 10% of our population is gay, and AT LEAST that % is gay in pro sports

[/ QUOTE ]
I really wish that I had a working gaydar so I could make a prop bet with you on that.

[/ QUOTE ]
Is that true, 10%? I always thought it was like <5%, maybe 2-3%. Also, why did you say "at least". Are gay ppl more likely to be athletes?
Old 02-15-2007, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is that true, 10%? I always thought it was like <5%, maybe 2-3%. Also, why did you say "at least". Are gay ppl more likely to be athletes?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is so easy. Gays are more likely to be interested in sports because they can rub against, hold, pat on the butt, celebrate, and shower with people of their sexual preference. It's like a live playboy/playgirl magazine for them.