Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2006, 03:24 PM

Default Re: NEAR DEATH - Heres my tale, whats yours?

[ QUOTE ]

I was riding with about 7 other guys on street bikes on "white spars" road, the back way to Prescott and we were going a fairly quick pace as you could imagine. Everyone had full leathers, yada, yada and it was getting fairly competitive seeing who could grind down their knee-pucks the most. On a tight hairpin left i went in wayyy to fast and couldn't scrub off the speed so i looked for a place to lay it down, mind you this was all mountain roads with pretty steep drop offs. I knew for sure i was going down the side so i saw a mile marker post and i planned to grab it and hold on. Yeah right. I think i hit dirt about 10 feet in front of it and instead of grabbing it i flipped backwards and mowed it over with my back. It was almost completely flattened but kept me, barely, from sliding down the dropoff. Another guy went down behind me and everyone was saying "Al went down, Al is down!" I am laying there thinking "Its me, it's Chris that went down!" He ended up breaking his collar bone and wrist. I just ended up with a tweaked back that still bothers me to this day, prolly like 10 years ago. It took like 3 hours to get my GSXR back up to the road.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand what half of this post means.
Old 08-25-2006, 03:36 PM

I have a couple.
When I was about 11 I woke up one day with a bunch of pain in my neck. It continued for a couple days and eventually began to swell. My mom took me to the doctor and he insited it was just a virus and it would go away on its own. A few days pass and it is just getting worse. The doctor gives me some antibiotics but they don't do anything. Eventually we go to the hospital and they also claim it is nothing and I just need to wait it out. We go home and after a few more days pass we go back to the hospital. Once again the tell me it is just a virus except this time my mom demands that they run some further tests. They end up taking x-rays and do some bloodwork and find nothing. Finally my mom asks them to do a cat-scan which they really didn't want to do, but eventually she talks them into it. The cat-scan revealed a huge abcess caused by strep that had formed in my neck. The abcess was moving down into my heart and lungs. I little while longer and I would have died. I ended up having emergency surgery to remove it.

My second one probably isn't as life threatening but it was kind of scary. I was backcountry camping in Wyoming with a few friends. We were cooking our dinner when suddenly we hear another camper that was pretty far away screaming at us and waving his arms. We turn around and there is a bear charging at us. We immediatley get up to some higher ground. Luckily the bear stopped at our food, but things could have been really bad because it was a mother bear with her cub. You're basically already dead if you get anywhere between a mother and the cub.
Old 08-25-2006, 05:42 PM

I had a number while studying in South Africa. The worst was:

Backpacking in the Drakensberg Mountains, in which there is a very well-known "NO FIRE" ban. However, my genius eco-friendly friend decides to burn his toilet paper (after #2) b/c that is the eco-friendly thing to do (rather than bury it). Well, of course it sparked and he started a fire!! He camp running back to us at camp yelling & screaming incoherently. At first we feared a leopard or something like that, but after finally deciphering "Fire", we grabbed bottles of water and rushed towards the fire, saw 10 foot high flames, dropped the water, abandoned camp and ran 6 miles back down the mountain. Seriously, the fastest I've ever run in my life & all throughout all I could think of was the headlines flasing in my mind: "4 Idiot Americans Burn Down the Drakenberg's".

The oddest thing about this story: On the trail on the way down, we met 4 South African's hiking up, told them not to go up, that there was a fire & they said "Eh, we'll take our chances". Also, as soon as we got to the bottom of the trail, we stopped at the first ranger station & my friend confessed to starting the fire. In California (where we're from), he would've been detained immediately, but the South African ranger said "Thanks for telling us; that's very kind of you to let us know." And that was it!

Next day we hiked back up to survey the damage, which wasn't nearly as bad as we imagined (although if we hadn't run, def would have been either caught in the fire or in the cave we were camping in - which would have been completely devoid of oxygen). The very same day they airlifted 8 people out of another area of the D's. We were lucky.

Other near death experiences in Southern Africa included:
-Water poisoning in Botswana (had to spend the night in a Botswanan hospital)
-Getting caught in a whirlpool while rafting on the Zambezi
-Getting thrown from a horse in Swaziland (might sound tame, but seriously the scariest moment of my life, especially considering the absolute incompetency of our guide. I was very lucky to land on my butt & not my tailbone and ended up not w/no permanent damage).
Old 08-25-2006, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Backpacking in the Drakensberg Mountains, in which there is a very well-known "NO FIRE" ban. However, my genius eco-friendly friend decides to burn his toilet paper (after #2) b/c that is the eco-friendly thing to do (rather than bury it). Well, of course it sparked and he started a fire!! He camp running back to us at camp yelling & screaming incoherently. At first we feared a leopard or something like that, but after finally deciphering "Fire", we grabbed bottles of water and rushed towards the fire, saw 10 foot high flames, dropped the water, abandoned camp and ran 6 miles back down the mountain. Seriously, the fastest I've ever run in my life & all throughout all I could think of was the headlines flasing in my mind: "4 Idiot Americans Burn Down the Drakenberg's".

The oddest thing about this story: On the trail on the way down, we met 4 South African's hiking up, told them not to go up, that there was a fire & they said "Eh, we'll take our chances". Also, as soon as we got to the bottom of the trail, we stopped at the first ranger station & my friend confessed to starting the fire. In California (where we're from), he would've been detained immediately, but the South African ranger said "Thanks for telling us; that's very kind of you to let us know." And that was it!

Next day we hiked back up to survey the damage, which wasn't nearly as bad as we imagined (although if we hadn't run, def would have been either caught in the fire or in the cave we were camping in - which would have been completely devoid of oxygen). The very same day they airlifted 8 people out of another area of the D's. We were lucky.

-Getting thrown from a horse in Swaziland (might sound tame, but seriously the scariest moment of my life, especially considering the absolute incompetency of our guide. I was very lucky to land on my butt & not my tailbone and ended up not w/no permanent damage).

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm really glad you lived to become a big fan of penises, blowjobs and sex. The world needs many more women like you.
Old 08-25-2006, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm really glad you lived to become a big fan of penises, blowjobs and sex. The world needs many more women like you.

[/ QUOTE ]

lolololol - Oh, I am so happy that in less than 30 posts I already have a reputation on this board. That's what sex will get you!
Old 08-25-2006, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lolololol - Oh, I am so happy that in less than 30 posts I already have a reputation on this board. That's what sex will get you!

[/ QUOTE ]

I am totally serious. You seem to have a very healthy perspective on sex and that's far too rare in modern society. Teach your sisters to love the cock as you do!

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-25-2006, 08:43 PM

The only one that comes to mind is back when I was in my early teens.

My friend and I decide to go for a late evening swim in the ocean, as we get up from the ocean three skinheads walks by. One pulls up a handgun and aims at me for what felt like several minutes (although it was probably more like 10 seconds). Then he smirks, puts it down and they keep walking.

May not even have been a real gun, but I could really feel deaths embrace in that moment. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

I guess I could also add this one, even though it's not really a near-death experience since I apperantly wasn't about to die but anyway..

I had spent almost a week in amsterdam and this was my last night. As you can imagine I was pretty [censored] up on drugs.
Either way for the entire day I had felt this sort of strange feeling in my chest, heart and left arm but I disregarded it because Im a young and otherwise healthy person. I smoked the nights last joint and ended up extremely stoned and tired. My heart started running fast and I just wanted to get back to my room, which happened to be on the 5th floor, no elevator. So I walked the 10 minute walk up the 5 stairs and when I got to the room I fell on my face. At this moment I was certain I was going to die.
So I picked up my cellphone to call my sister back home to say good bye (calling an ambulance never struck my idiot mind). But as I dialed the number I passed out. Woke up the next day fine but a bit confused and scared.