Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2007, 07:23 AM

Default Re: poker and starcarft

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Several of the best Warcraft II players are now poker pros as well, myself included. Here are a few I can think of off the top of my head :

Tillerman
INcinerate
Yah'mon
Nedrology
Ywfn.

It is obviously not a coincidence. Anyone with a background in strategy games has a great foundation for poker. There's no way I would be where I am today without that training ground.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to play a lot on Kali back in the mid-90's. Are YWfn and INcinerate's SN's public?

Never heard of Nedrology or Yah'mon.

[/ QUOTE ]
listening to them now...me and my friend can't stop yelling ZEITGEIST!!!
Old 07-17-2007, 08:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But I'm top 5% in strike

[/ QUOTE ]
people only change to cs:source because the competition in 1.6 is too tough for them.

americans pretty much suck at all competetive multiplayer games. a good example is a recent world series of video games CS 1.6 event. there were 16 teams taking part, 11 of them american and 5 of them european.

the 5 european teams took places 1-5 with a finnish team winning, swedish teams placing 2nd and 3rd, german team 4th and a norwegian team in the 5-6th place. (source: http://www.sk-gaming.com/coverage/1532/ )

there isnt a single top wc3 player from america and the only successful american 1on1 FPS player is fatal1ty. thats pretty bad for a country the size of usa.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Several of the best Warcraft II players are now poker pros as well, myself included. Here are a few I can think of off the top of my head :

Tillerman
INcinerate
Yah'mon
Nedrology
Ywfn.

It is obviously not a coincidence. Anyone with a background in strategy games has a great foundation for poker. There's no way I would be where I am today without that training ground.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will keep this short and mannered as possible because I dont wanna get banned.

1. Tillerman is the only good person on that list. Everyone else sucks and half of them are wc2 people i think or nobodies, including incin. is only half decent and all the pros think he sucks. Who the hell are you? You suck at wc3 and poker.

[/ QUOTE ]
wow you're pretty stupid. read his post, he never said he or any of the people he mentioned plays wc3
Old 07-17-2007, 08:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But I'm top 5% in strike

[/ QUOTE ]
people only change to cs:source because the competition in 1.6 is too tough for them.

americans pretty much suck at all competetive multiplayer games. a good example is a recent world series of video games CS 1.6 event. there were 16 teams taking part, 11 of them american and 5 of them european.

the 5 european teams took places 1-5 with a finnish team winning, swedish teams placing 2nd and 3rd, german team 4th and a norwegian team in the 5-6th place. (source: http://www.sk-gaming.com/coverage/1532/ )

there isnt a single top wc3 player from america and the only successful american 1on1 FPS player is fatal1ty. thats pretty bad for a country the size of usa.

[/ QUOTE ]
thats because competitive gaming is considered "nerdy" and only for social outcasts in america. nevertheless im pretty sure america has the best players in quake/unreal tournament style FPSs.
Old 07-17-2007, 10:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
thats because competitive gaming is considered "nerdy" and only for social outcasts in america. nevertheless im pretty sure america has the best players in quake/unreal tournament style FPSs.

[/ QUOTE ]
There were two big tournaments earlier this month. WSVG Q4 top 3 - Swedish, Bulgarian, American. ESWC Q4 top 3 - Polish, Russian, French. ESWC CS top 3 - Poland, Denmark, Sweden.

Not really been much American success in gaming lately. Also, Rainkhan used to be an SC player.
Old 07-17-2007, 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
nevertheless im pretty sure america has the best players in quake/unreal tournament style FPSs.

[/ QUOTE ]
as i already stated, the only american FPS player worth mentioning is jonathan "fatal1ty" wendel whos pretty much done with gaming.

the other top players are all europeans like; vo0 (painkiller), toxic (quake), cooller (quake) etc.

unreal tournament isnt among the major 1on1 FPS games.
Old 07-17-2007, 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
as i already stated, the only american FPS player worth mentioning is jonathan "fatal1ty" wendel whos pretty much done with gaming.

the other top players are all europeans like; vo0 (painkiller), toxic (quake), cooller (quake) etc.

unreal tournament isnt among the major 1on1 FPS games.

[/ QUOTE ]
Zero4, Socrates - I'd put them in there too, seeing as we're looking at players from a year or so ago (vo0). But yeh, right now, there's not a lot going on in the US.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a bs comeback. Competitve gaming being considered nerdy is pretty standard in most parts of the world.