Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2007, 06:20 PM

Default Re: Weird/funny coincidences in your life

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The last two girls I dated were both half-white and half-Mexican. They look nothing alike whatsoever.

I have no idea if that's threadworthy, but it's the first thing that popped into my head. I have no doubt there are many others.

[/ QUOTE ]

nath,

spooky.

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah, it's not even like i have a "type" because they look SO different. One of them was like 5'10", dark brown hair, brown eyes, kinda meh face. I wasn't that crazy about her, but she liked me and I was bored so we dated for like a month until she broke up with me to pursue someone else seriously. The other was like 5'2", really light brown hair, vivid blue eyes, and I think she's really pretty and has a nice body. As I discovered (and has been well documented), I was way more into her than she was into me. Oh yeah, even though I'm one of the few white guys I know who's actually into white women, pretty much every girl who has ever been to me has been another ethnicity. Or fat. (Note: This is not to say that I discriminate against other ethnicities.)
Old 08-05-2007, 07:49 PM

nath - this is probably not the weirdest or funniest coincidence in the thread.
Old 08-05-2007, 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Leap Year Day is a recognized holiday?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think so? I mean its not a bank holiday, but its not like he was born on Take Your Daughter to Work Day.

Plus bonus points for the 1 in 4 years thing.
Old 08-05-2007, 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
nath - this is probably not the weirdest or funniest coincidence in the thread.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think it's even close, but I'm drawing a blank on all my better stories. And it's something that I find personally interesting even if it's not weird enough for the thread.
Old 08-05-2007, 08:29 PM

I was driving to a girls house for our 2nd date. She was staying with her cousins out in the sticks, and the cousins lived next to their grandmother. It was a little hike, so I had a roadie beer on my way out. I got about a mile away and was finishing the beer, looking for a good spot to throw the can, when a small black dog ran out in front of the car. I swerved but still caught the mutt with my rear tire, and it rolled around the wheel well a few times. I stopped to check out the dog, there was no blood or obvious cuts, but it was not breathing. There wasn't a house in sight or any other cars, so I took off. A dick move to be sure, but I didn't feel like explaining to anyone why I smelled of beer and had crushed their dog.

I got to the girls house a few minutes later, still a bit shaken. When I pulled up, all the cousins and uncles were outside sort of milling about. My girl comes up to me with red eyes, saying her grandmother was away for the weekend, and my girl had been left in charge of her dog that was now missing, and that if something happened to it her grandma would surely die. Already knowing the answer, I asked,

"what kind of dog was it?"
"A small black dog."
"Let's get in my car and go look for it."

In the car, I explained how a small black dog ran in front of my car on my way to her house. We pull up to where the dog was still lying, and she starts wailing like a banshee, recognizing the dog as her grandmas. I pick up the dog and put it in my trunk, taking it to her grandmas for a proper burial and certain ass-kicking from her family, a bunch of rednecks who wouldn't cotton to someone leaving their dog on the side of the road.

We pull up to the house, she starts wailing to whomever was nearest that the dog was dead, I had hit it and left it on the side of the road, and surely grandma was going to disown her. So I open the trunk and little Fido is awake and running around inside, alive as hell! Apparently, I had only stunned it, and it regained consciousness on the way back.

I ended up taking the dog to an emergency clinic 50 miles away, paid $200 for x-rays that turned up negative. I wish I could say we all lived happily ever after, but she turned out to be a psycho who ended up living in a different house in the same commune as the rest of her family.

--
TomE.
Old 08-05-2007, 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My mother and her first daughter share a birthday. I share a birthday with a close cousin. My sister shares a birthday with my sister. My father's children have birthdays of 7/3 and 7/9, while he was born on 7/15.

[/ QUOTE ]

on that same note, my dad's b-day is Sept. 10th and my brother's is Sept. 11th. My mom's b-day is Nov. 20 and my sister's is Nov. 21. Its weird how it is parent of same sex then the kid.
Old 08-05-2007, 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My mother and her first daughter share a birthday. I share a birthday with a close cousin. My sister shares a birthday with my sister. My father's children have birthdays of 7/3 and 7/9, while he was born on 7/15.

[/ QUOTE ]

Every member of my immediate family was born on a recognized holiday.

(Christmas, Thanksgiving, Leap Year Day, Groundhog Day, Columbus Day)

[/ QUOTE ]

i was born on my mother's birthday.

my father was born on new year's eve; my sister was born on labour day; my brother was born on show day.
Old 08-05-2007, 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Every member of my immediate family was born on a recognized holiday.

(Christmas, Thanksgiving, Leap Year Day, Groundhog Day, Columbus Day)

[/ QUOTE ]

i was born on my mother's birthday.

my father was born on new year's eve; my sister was born on labour day; my brother was born on show day.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf is show day?
Old 08-05-2007, 10:43 PM

something australian probably
Old 08-05-2007, 10:45 PM

show day used to be a public holiday here in Victoria, Australia - http://www.dpc.vic.gov.au/domino/Web_Not...68!OpenDocument