Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2007, 03:44 PM

Default Re: Barry Greensteins player analysis, IVEY vs ANTONIUS

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

i know those techniques too, but my point is real men act like themselves. women are attracted to confidence. those neg techniques is pratice of "phoney confidence".

to truly be yurself is the highest form of confidence.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep. Those men are pretty rare though.

(also, I don't really know about 'Mystery', but David Deangelo actually tries to teach men to be 'real men', in stead of techniques.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, i am familiar with david deangelo. i think a guy can benefit from his readings. nobody says you have to not act like yourself, just avoid the things that turn women off. but when it comes to compromising your own self esteem, then your not being a man and you are not acting like your true self. thats what a dork like mystery teaches you.

to be a real man cant easily be taught. what makes a man is his experience in life and how he handles it. i think micheal corleone from god father 2 is a good example of a real man. he maintains self control, he's very wise and calculating, he married a plain jane type of woman and went about his buisness. just like his brother freido said, "i should have been smart and married a "nice" girl like kay".

traits of a real man:

stand alone
dont ever lie
dont ever cheat
dont quit
be honorable
maintain self contorl and composure no matter what

i think it also helps to do something that shows what you really are inside like successfully going through the military or some kind of tough manual labor for a few years. a man has got to prove he can over come physical adversity as well as mental adversity. society may change but what makes a real man will never change.

being able to pick up on floozies doesnt make u a real man.
Old 09-07-2007, 06:42 PM

Where does a penis fit into all this? By your definition, a lot of women can be real men.
Old 09-08-2007, 01:29 AM

Song for Negreanu:
Title: Beat It
Artist: Michael Jackson
Year: 1983

As another NVG note, he reviews two woman players who he apparently has been friends with.

Generally I find the reviews very informative, both for solid information and anecdotes. Greenstein reviews mostly only really strong players.

You can tell from the ratings that he believes Ivey is the best in the world, and you can get an idea who he thinks are the top 5 or 10.