Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2007, 12:22 AM

Default Re: **Official 2007 Washington Redskins thread***

Campbell used to be great with those deep passes, for a while there it got to the point where as soon as he let go of a deep pass I knew it was going to drop right into the arms of Moss no matter how many defenders he had around him. Ever since the Pats game he's been consistently overthrowing though, I don't know if that's on him or his receivers.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand why our offense is so incompetent. I don't think that's on Jason Campbell. We need to take the handcuffs off of him. It must be the O-Line, right? Or the playcalling?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's difficult to take the handcuffs off him and increase his offensive role when he already throws more INTs then TDs and he is averaging a fumble a game

[/ QUOTE ]

A few posts from Skins homers on another board....

Am I the only one that noticed Campbell was looking deep first on most of his passes? Everyone on talk radio (hosts and callers) seem to be upset by the win and are bashing Gibbs for holding the offense back. But, from what I saw, Campbell looked deep most of the time, but usually threw shorter. Either Moss and ARE aren't getting open or Campbell just isn't pulling the trigger. But, it didn't appear to be play calling or game planning yesterday that limited the downfield chances.

I noticed that too. I didn't see Randle El or Moss breaking open very often yesterday, so I'm assuming that's what Campbell saw also.

I definitely noticed it. The TV guys did talk about how the Jets had great coverage in the first half. I don't know what Campbell is seeing, but I wish he'd just chuck it sometimes.

100,856 and counting
Old 11-08-2007, 01:37 AM

deleted by Assani Fisher.

100,852 and counting
Old 11-08-2007, 10:16 AM

From the Redskins Insider blog on washingtonpost.com:

Jason Campbell 15 55.99% 2817 16/13

John Elway's first 15 NFL games: 165 - 339 - 49 % - 2143 yards - 10 TDs - 18 INTs - Rating: 56.69

What do you think Brett Favre's TD-INT ratio was through his first 15 starts? A pretty comparable 18-13 (this from the all time leader in both categories and a fellow Mississippi product).

How about Eli Manning's first 15 games, considering he was the top pick and all a year before JC came out?
225 - 447 - 2789 - 20 - 14 - 71.88 rating

JC has a 75.6 career rating.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:27 AM

I still LOL at Eli Manning being the 1st overall pick. that guy's a loser. even if he ends up being good he will still always be a loser retard to me
Old 11-11-2007, 10:48 PM

We are a horrible second half team and how the hell did we give up 20 fourth quarter points???
Old 11-12-2007, 03:26 AM

Skins fans,

The announcers were saying today that the Skins gave the game away instead of the Eagles winning it. I disagreed, thinking that it was a rather even game that just happened to go the Eagles way in the end.

I was curious as to your thoughts on the matter.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:33 PM

Our 11 penalties definitely had a big hand in the game. The TD to Reggie Brown really sucked. Donovan McNabb threw a horrible ball into double coverage and Pierson Priouleau failed to make a play on it.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Skins fans,

The announcers were saying today that the Skins gave the game away instead of the Eagles winning it. I disagreed, thinking that it was a rather even game that just happened to go the Eagles way in the end.

I was curious as to your thoughts on the matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the Skins offense ran very very well, and when you couple that with a top 10(at least) defense the Skins should beat a bad team(no offense) like the Eagles. I hated the Skins conservative play calling before their last FG...7 straight runs IIRC including on 3rd down. Campbell had been great all game, why not let him throw there? I also thought that that deep TD pass from McNabb(forget the WR's name) was fortunate.

Overall I think you have a case of the worse team(although its not a huge gap) winning when the better team played a good game except for a few plays. Most people, when that happens, will want to say "the better team lost the game for themselves." I don't really get into all that though, as you can tell in the past when some of you Eagles fans have tried to say that about past Eagles losses. I think that a big part of winning in the NFL is limiting your mistakes, so playing mistake free and taking advantage of your opponent's mistakes doesn't mean that you didn't go out there and win the game.

100,001 and counting
Old 11-12-2007, 02:17 PM

The decision making in that red zone stand late in the 4th was just absolutely horrendous. Not running a passing play in 7 plays (!!!) is just a massive mistake, especially when the Eagles were stuffing like 9 guys in the box, knowing we would run. I just can't imagine a playaction bootleg to Sellers/Cooley wouldn't have worked there. For the tenure of Gibbs II, that has been the oft-used play in goalline situations...except for this year. In '05 it worked great. Also, I think you have to go for it on 4th and goal at the 2 yard line. Think about this. A FG and it's still a one score game, a TD beats you. You go for the TD, you get it, you win. You miss it, the Eagles start their drive at their own 2, need basically a 70 yd drive to get into FG range.

Even so, I'm having flashbacks to the '05 season, but with less chemistry. The pass defense is lost without Taylor. Williams' defensive playcalling has crossed the line from annoying to game-losing. We simply can't fall back into the Cover 2 in late-game situations. It doesn't work. And we ESPECIALLY shouldn't have dropped back into the Cover 2 this week without Taylor in there. This loss was the defense's fault, plain and simple.

On the other hand, I loved what I saw from the offense. Please, God, after 5 seasons, is Thrash legit (barring his injury)? Campbell played out of his mind, and the O-line is finally starting to come together and provide excellent protection for Campbell and incredible running lanes for Portis.

We need to come out with a better gameplan for Dallas next week, because when it comes down to it, the team is getting held back by conservative coaching and horrible coaching decisions. The fire isn't out quite yet, but it's certainly starting to fade. Dallas becomes a must-win, which is a shame, because I don't see how we win this game. The Eagles should beat the Dolphins, so we'd be tied for last if we lost, and certainly on the outside looking in for any potential playoffs.