Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2007, 01:55 PM

Default Re: aba caught bluffing against bobby baldwin in 1.8mil pot

This really suprises me. I heard top online cash players were way better than old live disonaurs.
Old 07-14-2007, 01:55 PM

I wanted to respond to a very ugly post that was made in this thread. I worked like half an hour on that thing because I thought that Bobby Baldwin really made a great accomplishment and deserved better then getting stabbed in the back.
But the post has vanished; not deleted, vanished.
I think Im getting old. I checked the thread three times, it's not there anymore.

What's going on Dids?

Well anyways, kudo's to one of the greatest B&M poker players: Bobby Baldwin!
Old 07-14-2007, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One question about these nosebleed players I've always had is when do they decide enough is enough? I'm not talking about guys like Bobby or some of the other megamillion business types out there that play highstakes poker and have a career and income outside of poker, I'm talking about the guys like Aba who seemingly *only* play poker. If you win, say 5-6 million and you're in your 20's, why would you even want to play anymore? Take the money, buy a house, buy some cars, buy a business, and invest your money. I mean, we're not talking about $10k here. Aba just lost close to 2 million dollars in 2 days, which is more than probably 90% of the people in this country will make in their entire lives. Like Jamie Gold, the guy wins 12 million or whatever and he's just been donking it away in high stakes cash games.
It just seems to me that if you were a guy with basically no job skills, and we're making this enormous amount of money in such a short time, you'd have some realistic views on just how [censored] you'd feel if you lost all that money and had to hump it at a $30k job for the rest of your life.
I'm making a broad assumption here that these guys don't have job skills, but seriously, they aren't going to be making near the money in the real job world as they are right now in the poker world.
I've never played a big tournament, but I always thought that if I somehow donked my way to a big cash, that would be the end of my poker career. I'd use that big win to make me financially secure for life, and if I never saw two more hole cards in my life, I'd be as happy as can be.

Of course, maybe this thought process is why I suck and grind out low limit $10/20 limit games.

P.S., those who hate on Aba and relish in his losses are pathetic haters. Grow up.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL THIS IS HILARIOUS..

So your saying if aba loses all his money, then somehow takes the 3 million out of his retirement fund(which he said he could retire on fully right now), that he would go to working at a gas station? No one would stake him for 5/10 even?

Good thinking chief
Old 07-14-2007, 02:10 PM

well this is super. first brian was studying in grad school about light emitting diodes when I first ran across him in poker. pretty sure if nothing worked ou with poker, he has some 'job skills' (what the [censored] are job skills? there are a million different skills that one could parlay into a successful career)

to crane or whatever his name is. let me guess.. you were watcing them push big pots in the 80's and its 2007...guess how far you have come....you are watching them push big pots today. congratulations seems like you are in the perfect position to judge a person's poker development. brian has passed ur 20 year career in a matter of months and you are bitter. keep holding on to ur tiny hope that there are mythical gods of poker and that no matter how much these hotshots play, they will always be stuck in mediocrity with you.
Old 07-14-2007, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Whatever happens to Townsend, he must be given great credit.

He stepped up and said he was the best NLHE player in the world, and he has been willing to back that claim with a lot of money.

Even if he gives up the game and retreats back to Full Tilt, he must be respected for trying to prove he is the best.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever heard of a 'downswing'?

He still is the best NLH player in teh world
Old 07-14-2007, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bobby baldwin is one sick mofo

[/ QUOTE ]

well, if he isn't now, he surely will be if he keeps hanging out with Brandi.
Old 07-14-2007, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Have you ever heard of losing one hand, the details of which aren't even known other than the pot size and who won?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-14-2007, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well this is super. first brian was studying in grad school about light emitting diodes when I first ran across him in poker. pretty sure if nothing worked ou with poker, he has some 'job skills' (what the [censored] are job skills? there are a million different skills that one could parlay into a successful career)

to crane or whatever his name is. let me guess.. you were watcing them push big pots in the 80's and its 2007...guess how far you have come....you are watching them push big pots today. congratulations seems like you are in the perfect position to judge a person's poker development. brian has passed ur 20 year career in a matter of months and you are bitter. keep holding on to ur tiny hope that there are mythical gods of poker and that no matter how much these hotshots play, they will always be stuck in mediocrity with you.

[/ QUOTE ]

whats their to study about L.E.D.s? what course was aba studying when he was in college?
Old 07-14-2007, 02:51 PM

he has a degree in eletctrical engineering, and apparently a huge set of balls, get em next time aba and thanks for the blog.
Old 07-14-2007, 03:25 PM

lol, a little variance and people go nuts....