Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2007, 06:33 PM

Default Re: what do christians say about chinese people

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Quick question, how many dead Chinese of those dead Chinese people are in "hell"?

[/ QUOTE ]
Zero. I will let others elaborate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, zero is the correct answer. Do you see why?
Old 08-24-2007, 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't you realize how silly this sounds and how pointless it makes the Bible? Here is the truth about Christianity: you guys were all indoctrinated into it and now you go around answering every question or criticism of your religion with "well maybe, this is why" when there is no logical basis to do so. I want to scream in your ear, "No, stop saying "well maybe this is why" or "well, that is debatable" and actually give a straight forward logical answer. If you cant give a logical answer, then admit that there are huge flaws in your belief system.

[/ QUOTE ]
You want to go heads-up?
Old 08-24-2007, 04:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Don't Christians think its strange that God choose not to spread his word to the entire human population?

does this suggest that Christianity is actually a man made invention and thus only exists in region it was invented?

Also, if a Christian has a Chinese friend, isn't it his duty to this person to do absolutely everything he can, including physical abuse and torture to convince the Chinese guy to save his soul and believe in Jesus?

[/ QUOTE ]

Our girlfriends will believe what they want to believe; that doesnt stop them from being hot my brotha;

my gf is redic hot, i dont make a huge case of it; ballah out niggah

[/ QUOTE ]
This is the single greatest post I have ever read in SMP. I am sincerely unable to fully comprehend its level of truth.
Old 08-24-2007, 04:54 AM

I am Chinese and atheist.

If any Christian would like to attempt to prove that my dead ancestors are in "hell," they are more than welcome to try. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-24-2007, 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Quick question, how many dead Chinese of those dead Chinese people are in "hell"?

[/ QUOTE ]
Zero. I will let others elaborate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, zero is the correct answer. Do you see why?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah so clever! A+
Old 08-24-2007, 02:18 PM

Heads up for souls yo!
Old 08-30-2007, 01:05 AM

It would help, Lebowski, if you would clarify exactly what you find strange about the fact that Christianity spread more quickly to some parts of the world than to others and/or that it exists today less in some parts of the world than in others. I'd like to see how you are arguing from either of those situations (the past one or the present one) to the conclusion that Christianity must be a man-made religion.

I could try to fill in the blanks in order to craft a response, but I don't want to do any injustice to your argument, since I'm not sure how you reasoned from A to B here.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:21 AM

Even worse is God's apparent indifference to the people that came before Jesus. According to the New Testament anyone who doesn't accept Jesus as God/the son of God will go to hell and spend ETERNITY in infinite pain and damnation.
We know that humans (walking, talking, tool using humans) have existed for 100,000 years. Why didn't God want to save them from hell? Apparently, he just watched them all live very short lives of abject misery and suffering for 100k years. Then 2k years ago decided "Thats enough, I think Ill magically impregnate a Palestinian virgin, and torture to death the child she bears. Then they'll know how much I love them."

uh huh.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Even worse is God's apparent indifference to the people that came before Jesus. According to the New Testament anyone who doesn't accept Jesus as God/the son of God will go to hell and spend ETERNITY in infinite pain and damnation.
We know that humans (walking, talking, tool using humans) have existed for 100,000 years. Why didn't God want to save them from hell? Apparently, he just watched them all live very short lives of abject misery and suffering for 100k years. Then 2k years ago decided "Thats enough, I think Ill magically impregnate a Palestinian virgin, and torture to death the child she bears. Then they'll know how much I love them."

uh huh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same thing I said to Lebowski, basically: just explain exactly what you think is wrong about God waiting however long He did before sending Christ (or, to be fair, before revealing Himself to Abraham, since at least Jews before Christ could be saved.) I don't want to do injustice to your argument by supplying what I assume to be the implicit premises in your view.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

uh huh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same thing I said to Lebowski, basically: just explain exactly what you think is wrong about God waiting however long He did before sending Christ (or, to be fair, before revealing Himself to Abraham, since at least Jews before Christ could be saved.) I don't want to do injustice to your argument by supplying what I assume to be the implicit premises in your view.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, what's wrong with torturing people? And only for, like...forever, you know?

You don't seem to be starting with a remotely humane definition of "right" or "fair", so I doubt you are really capable of presenting an argument in this context. But I'll give you the benefit of a doubt. So present your best theodicy for the Christian God, and if you say anything quasi-rational, I'll address it.