Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2007, 05:46 PM

Default Re: ** Event 45: $5,000 NLE Six Handed **

I'm calling for the Hellmuth, Jamie Gold, Sam Grizzle, Tony G table.....

I might actually pay the $49.95 to see that table
Old 06-29-2007, 05:48 PM

Emil still in baby. Final 60.
Old 06-29-2007, 05:54 PM

# 23 minutes ago | Posted by Reporter
Jeff Madsen Eliminated In 68th Place ($6,159)

Jeff Madsen open raised all in from the button for a total of 21.7K. Justin Bonomo, who had just arrived and taken his seat in the small blind, checked his hole cards and without knowing the exact amount of Madsen's bet said "I raise the minimum." The player in the big blind, Raja Kattamuri, asked for a count. Madsen's bet was counted out and Bonomo's bet was determined to be 18.7K more or 40.4K total. Kattamuri thought for a while before declaring himself all in. Without getting an exact count, Bonomo made the call. The players turned up the following.

Madsen: {10-Clubs}{10-Spades}
Bonomo: {A-Clubs}{K-Diamonds}
Kattamuri: {A-Hearts}{K-Hearts}

Madsen commented that he liked his chances and he liked the flop even more. It came down {10-Hearts}{6-Hearts}{7-Diamonds}. The turn card, the {3-Clubs} was a blank. The river card came down the {8-Hearts} giving Kattamuri the winning flush. Kattamuri pumped his fist in triumph and Madsen fell to the floor. Bonomo was stunned but Madsen had a smile on his face as he got back to his feet. Bonomo is now crippled with about 30K chips and Jeff Madsen has been eliminated.
Old 06-29-2007, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I was on Justins rail for a while talking to his parents when, on a short stack all in, the all in player claimed that the dealer miscounted the amount of chips needed to be put in the pot and he was yelling about how justin mislead him in the amount needed to call or something stupid. Anyways, justin had flopped an OESD with 86o, rivered a 4 on a 5 7 x flop and quickly had the Ad3c thrown at him, the 3 of clubs grazing his face.

As Justin busted the guy and he was leaving the table, Justin's dad started making comments about the [censored] tournament player (completely deserved in my opinion) and they got into each others face on the rail. Luckily ZJ's dad didn't want to brawl, because the guy looked pretty ready...fun times.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude you have the best avatar of all time.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha thanks, can you figure out if its a kangaroo or not? 2p2 has been in a long standing debate...I vote Wallaby. Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

It could be a breed of smaller kangaroo, but I'd have to cast my vote for wallaby since they're predominantly short and stocky like that [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Cool avatar.

Mark Vos and Tony G are representing Aus well. Looks like I'll have to settle for four 2'ers and the two Aussies at the final table. Gl gl.
Old 06-29-2007, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Assuming that Jonas Flug-Entin is RBK since he is the only Jonas listed.

He is toward the bottom with ~40k

[/ QUOTE ]

ya that's me.
had 120K with like 10 mins left to play last night, then gave pretty much all my chips to emil (whitelime) with QQ vs his 95 and aron been with KK vs his 55.

played like 3 hands today busted after whitelime opens from cutoff to 9K i shove for 40K with AThh he calls AK gg.

actually after the intial hit to my stack with the QQ vs 95 hand i got back up to ~90K after slowplaying AA vs tony G and getting him to pay off a big river bet with second pair.

then on the very last hand of the night aron been (sure i'm not spelling that right, sorry aron) open shoves like 37K (1K/2K blinds) with 55 from UTG i call with KK and lose to four card flush.

so wish he just had me covered that hand so i didnt have to wake up and come back to play 3 hands on day two.
Old 06-29-2007, 06:48 PM

From Taylor Caby's blog:
[ QUOTE ]

on saturday, brian t. and i are going to be guest commentating on the WSOP live for hte final table. you can go to worldseriesofpoker.com (or bluff.com i believe) and sign up for it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-29-2007, 07:02 PM

Justin Bonomo Eliminated in 49th Place ($8,212)
edit:
Jamie Gold Eliminated

Gold pushed with K-10 and could not improve his hand.
Old 06-29-2007, 08:13 PM

Hellmuth Crippled

On a flop of {8-Clubs}{3-Clubs}{2-Hearts}, Phil Helmuth moved all in and Thierry Van Den Berg called.

Hellmuth: {3-Diamonds}{3-Spades}
Van Den Berg: {Q-Spades}{Q-Diamonds}

Hellmuth was ahead with a set. The turn was the {J-Hearts} and the river was the {Q-Hearts}. Hellmuth lost to a bigger set and he exploded. The F-bomb came out of Hellmuth's mouth along with the word "donkey" on more than one instance.

That hand pushed Thierry Van Den Berg up to 215K, as Hellmuth slipped to 29K.

Awesome.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:49 PM

Jman and Whitelime are still in with 26 left
Old 06-30-2007, 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hellmuth Crippled

On a flop of {8-Clubs}{3-Clubs}{2-Hearts}, Phil Helmuth moved all in and Thierry Van Den Berg called.

Hellmuth: {3-Diamonds}{3-Spades}
Van Den Berg: {Q-Spades}{Q-Diamonds}

Hellmuth was ahead with a set. The turn was the {J-Hearts} and the river was the {Q-Hearts}. Hellmuth lost to a bigger set and he exploded. The F-bomb came out of Hellmuth's mouth along with the word "donkey" on more than one instance.

That hand pushed Thierry Van Den Berg up to 215K, as Hellmuth slipped to 29K.

Awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

why is this awesome? IMO this sucks for any player left in this field.